Police check from Dubai/UAE

Old Nov 15th 2019, 9:52 am
Just Joined

iank85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check from Dubai/UAE

Hi guys,

I can't find the right information anywhere and the UAE embassy in Canberra are not able to confirm for me what is needed....

I have to get my fingerprints for my UAE police check and the embassy are asking for ink prints, but have no form for me to use for this. Do NSW police just use something generic? One of the police officers i spoke to has said that a print of a live scan is fine, but again, the embassy are not forthcoming in their answers to my questions.

Thanks
Iain
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police check from Dubai/UAE

Originally Posted by iank85
Hi guys,

I can't find the right information anywhere and the UAE embassy in Canberra are not able to confirm for me what is needed....

I have to get my fingerprints for my UAE police check and the embassy are asking for ink prints, but have no form for me to use for this. Do NSW police just use something generic? One of the police officers i spoke to has said that a print of a live scan is fine, but again, the embassy are not forthcoming in their answers to my questions.

Thanks
Iain

Hello Iain,

UAE embassy are completely clueless and useless. We just got ours done a couple of months ago and believe me this was the most painful part (figuring out how to go about it) in our entire citizenship application.

We got ink prints done at the police station (this is what is required).

UAE police check - is this Dubai, Abu Dhabi ... which emirate? Is this for a work permit?

Edit - we used the generic form given to us at the police station in Melbourne. Perfectly fine.

Also, please remember when you courier/mail the fingerprints to UAE, don't forget to put a value - AUD 5 or lower on the postal/courier form. We didn't put an amount and the thugs in the UAE post office charged us VAT of $100 even though the form clearly mentioned that the documents were fingerprints for police clearance.

Last edited by IndieG; Dec 3rd 2019 at 10:00 pm. Reason: More info.