Police Check advise

Old Mar 15th 2003, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

abhibhanu will become famous soon enough
Default Police Check advise

Dear Everyone
I have been following this forum from the time we lodged our class 139 application in August 2002 at ASPC. Now we have been asked to do Medicals and police checks. Accordingly we have to get police check reports from Japan and Sri Lanka as we stayed in these countries for more than one year in last 10 years. There is no problem of Japanese police checks as it is quite straight forward, but we are confused about Sri lanka's police report. According to form 47P 1st page says visa applicants should obtain police checks in various countries including Sri lanka. But in side of the same form in page 12 it says under the Sri Lanka, the applicants should fill up form 80 and submit it to the DIMIA office that is ASPC. So please advice us whether is it enough to submit only form 80 for Sri Lanka's police report along with Japanese police report to ASPC? Also is it necessary to fill up the form 1101 too? Since we never stayed in OZ will it be still necessary to complete and send form 1101?Please advice us what we should do for sri lanka's police report? and what forms we have to send to ASPC? Your advice is gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Abhibhanu
Old Mar 16th 2003, 7:12 am
Jaj

Default Re: Police Check advise

I don't know about Sri Lanka, but I can tell you that if you've not
lived in Australia before, you *won't* need Australian police checks.

Jeremy

>On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:39:02 +0000, abhibhanu wrote:
    >Dear Everyone
    >I have been following this forum from the time we lodged our class 139
    >application in August 2002 at ASPC. Now we have been asked to do
    >Medicals and police checks. Accordingly we have to get police check
    >reports from Japan and Sri Lanka as we stayed in these countries for
    >more than one year in last 10 years. There is no problem of Japanese
    >police checks as it is quite straight forward, but we are confused about
    >Sri lanka's police report. According to form 47P 1st page says visa
    >applicants should obtain police checks in various countries including
    >Sri lanka. But in side of the same form in page 12 it says under the Sri
    >Lanka, the applicants should fill up form 80 and submit it to the DIMIA
    >office that is ASPC. So please advice us whether is it enough to submit
    >only form 80 for Sri Lanka's police report along with Japanese police
    >report to ASPC? Also is it necessary to fill up the form 1101 too? Since
    >we never stayed in OZ will it be still necessary to complete and send
    >form 1101?Please advice us what we should do for sri lanka's police
    >report? and what forms we have to send to ASPC? Your advice is
    >gratefully appreciated. Thanks
    >Abhibhanu
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old May 7th 2003, 7:19 am
Just Joined

mEi21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Jaj,

About the Australia Police Check, I have gotten back the Certificate and have no criminal record, do I have to send it back to DIMIA?

mEi21
Old May 7th 2003, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

If form 47P says that you need to turn in form 80 for Sri Lankan Police checks, you should do that. DIMIA will conduct its own internal check for Sri Lankan Police clearance. The comment on the first page of 47P is general message for all countries, whereas requirements for all countries is stated inside. However, for your own peace of mind and possibly speeding up the process, you may get a Sri Lankan Police Clearance yourself and lodge form 80 as well.

As far as Australia is concerned, you do not have to lodge form 1101 if you haven't lived in Australia at all.
Old May 8th 2003, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot and I have already submitted the form 80 (3 copies as requested by our case officer). Now we are in Japan and applying for the Sri Lankan PCC through the embassy here is too much time consuming. This is said by the embassy officials. Otherwise I must travel with my family to Sri Lanka and apply in person. So I sent the form 80 to ASPC and waiting for the final reply from them. I think it may take more time but I will wait until they inform me. We have already sent our Japanese PCC and medicals to ASPC in 1st week of April 2003.
thanks and pl advice me if i can do something in this regard, or should I wait until ASPC tells me something?
abhibhanu
Old May 8th 2003, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

There is not much you can do now except waiting for communication from DIMIA. Good Luck.
Old May 8th 2003, 3:02 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mEi21
Dear Jaj,

About the Australia Police Check, I have gotten back the Certificate and have no criminal record, do I have to send it back to DIMIA?

mEi21
Yes.
Old May 8th 2003, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot dear and let us wait and see what DIMIA says. Since all other people of August September 2002 applicants got requests for bond or got final decision, I become restless but unavoidable. Anyone else in this stage?
abhibhanu
Old May 8th 2003, 3:05 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by abhibhanu
<snip>
There is no problem of Japanese police checks as it is quite straight forward, but we are confused about Sri lanka's police report. According to form 47P 1st page says visa applicants should obtain police checks in various countries including Sri lanka. But in side of the same form in page 12 it says under the Sri Lanka, the applicants should fill up form 80 and submit it to the DIMIA office that is ASPC. So please advice us whether is it enough to submit only form 80 for Sri Lanka's police report along with Japanese police report to ASPC
<snip>
Have you read the letter you received from your case officer requesting for your police checks?

The letter should state clearly what you are required to do insofar as your Sri Lankan PCCs are concerned.

If it says something to the effect of "your Sri Lankan police clearance will be done on your behalf...", you should get the drift...

Peter
Old May 8th 2003, 3:23 am
Just Joined

Gihan is an unknown quantity at this point

The normal procedure for Sri Lankan police clearance is that DIMA does it itself. You don’t have to apply it yourself and send it. You need to complete the Form 80 and send it to Adelaide, and they use that information to request the police clearance.

Sri lankan police clearance takes a long time. I applied in May 2002 and got the request for medicals in January 2003. Still waiting for police clearance.
Old May 8th 2003, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks peter and gihan
Actually meds and pcc request letter does not say anything and I have contacted my case officer and she sent me the mail and said that "for sri lankan pcc please send 3xcopies of form 8o and then i will send them for checking". That's all. I hope the DIMIA will do it by themselves. Gihan do you have any idea howlong the sri lankan pcc takes? any idea from earlier applicants? I would appreciate any contributions in this regard. I sent 3 copies of form 80 for me and my husband. Hope to hear from ASPC soon. Gihan where are you heading to in australia? what was your visa class. we are SDAS 139.
with love and wishes
abhibhanu