Wikiposts

Police check

Old Dec 6th 2004, 10:39 pm
Legoman

legoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check

My stepdaughter has a police record for GBH at 14 years old she’s now 16. No custodial sentence just a police warning, Could this effect our application for Australia? Will Dima look upon this as serous?
Old Dec 6th 2004, 11:44 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police check

As long as you declare the offence then all should be fine.

There have been many on the forum with much serious offences such as GBH on police officers, people having jail terms etc and who have all been given there PR visas.

Hop it helps

Rob

Originally Posted by legoman
My stepdaughter has a police record for GBH at 14 years old she’s now 16. No custodial sentence just a police warning, Could this effect our application for Australia? Will Dima look upon this as serous?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 12:25 am
Just Joined

SkillClear is an unknown quantity at this point

DIMIA look at all police convictions as serious, however I have had many clients with much worse criminal convictions pass for PR. You may need to submit character documents on behalf of your daughter and make sure to declare this on your form 47SK.

You might like to obtain character references from your daughters school and make sure she writes a personal statement with regards to the incident.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

Is your stepdaughter going with you to Australia?

Even if she is there are people on this site that have got their PR's with more serious offences. Make sure it is declared to DIMIA though. Don't worry, it will be cool.

Jan