Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Police Certificates.....Ex-employer questions

Police Certificates.....Ex-employer questions

Old Mar 18th 2002, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

preethi_mittal will become famous soon enoughpreethi_mittal will become famous soon enough
Default Police Certificates.....Ex-employer questions

Hi gang,
I have two sets of questions.

Ist Question:
If the Police Certificates have been requested by the Washington DC Australian Embassy, does it mean that the stage of checking with the ex-employers for the authencity of the provided employment details is over?

2nd Question:
I am a third country national (from India) currently working in US and applied for Australian Skilled migration (IT) at the Washington DC processing post. I have worked for 4 companies out of which one is a US company (dot com failure) and other is a 3 people owned company (whose boss is now my bitter enemy) in India.

a) If the consulate tries to contact the US company, the phone nos. are discontinued now and email mentioned in the reference letter will bounce back as it no longer exists.

b) In the case of this 3 people owned company, the contact person metioned in the reference letter is not there anymore and the direct phone no. mentioned is now the phone no. of the guy who is my bitter enemy who would definetely say if contacted by the Australian embassy that I have not worked there at all.

How will the above two have an affect on my application? Is the embassy particular about checking and validation each and every employer reference.

Please share your experiences as I am very much tensed.