Police certificate validity

Old May 25th 2005, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

packet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police certificate validity

Ignoring the 1 year medical validity,does anyone know if the 1 year validity to land from the police certificate issue applies to all police certificates (and hence the earliest issued)or only applies to the one for the country in which one is now resident?

Thanks.
Old May 25th 2005, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

teddy78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police certificate validity

all PCC should be within one year from the date of issue.
PCC (over one year) from former resident countries are at the discretion of the CO. In my case, CO asked me to get my whole passport certified by Australian High Commission as a proof that I haven't been to those ex-resident countries after the corresponding PCC issued dates.

They may also ask new PCC if they are over one year.

For Current resident country, it must be within one year from Date of Issue.
Old May 26th 2005, 1:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
all PCC should be within one year from the date of issue.
PCC (over one year) from former resident countries are at the discretion of the CO. In my case, CO asked me to get my whole passport certified by Australian High Commission as a proof that I haven't been to those ex-resident countries after the corresponding PCC issued dates.

They may also ask new PCC if they are over one year.

For Current resident country, it must be within one year from Date of Issue.
PCCs over one year from country of former residence may be accepted as valid beyond 12 months. However this is a grey area and depends on circumstances.

Lack of passport stamps proves nothing, so the request described here seems strange.

Jeremy
Old May 26th 2005, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

imho, don't you need a visa stamp when you go back to country of former residence?

in my case, it was USA and my FBI clearance was dated two years ago. So, if pp doesn't have the visa stamp after that date, that means my FBI is acceptable.

anyhow, that's what my CO said and asked.

Originally Posted by JAJ
PCCs over one year from country of former residence may be accepted as valid beyond 12 months. However this is a grey area and depends on circumstances.

Lack of passport stamps proves nothing, so the request described here seems strange.

Jeremy
Old May 26th 2005, 3:25 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teddy78
imho, don't you need a visa stamp when you go back to country of former residence?

in my case, it was USA and my FBI clearance was dated two years ago. So, if pp doesn't have the visa stamp after that date, that means my FBI is acceptable.

anyhow, that's what my CO said and asked.
Not necessarily. Some countries do not stamp passports of citizens or permanent residents, unless specifically asked for by the passport holder.

Australia, for example, does not stamp citizens' passports upon entry/exit, unless requested by the citizen traveller.

Singapore does not stamp citizens' passports upon entry/exit, and usually will not stamp permanent and long-term residents' passports as well.

Peter
Old May 26th 2005, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Police certificate validity

oh, luckily, i m not from these kind of countries
have all travel logs.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:43 am
Just Joined

packet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Thanks everyone for replying.To refine my question slightly(sorry)..

My situation is actually that i have a UK PCert issued Nov 2004 and a Swiss one (current residence) issued March 2005.I am MODL,(skills already assessed) and wish to apply this/next week for a 136 front loading with these PC's.

Question is, if meds take approx 3 months and final decision 1-2,are they (assuming successful)going to say ok,you have just a few weeks to enter(based on one year from earliest of your PC's and meds)or would they give me to March 2006(as the earliest from my current residence PC and meds).

I know i could choose not to frontload and then reapply for the certs but if i am automatically going to be given until March 2006 anyway i don't need to do that as March is ok.

Any advice gratefully received,
Thanks.