Wikiposts

Police Cert Translation

Old Aug 19th 2004, 4:18 am
wooooooo hoooooo

jubri is on a distinguished road
Question Police Cert Translation

Hi All,

Does any one know if a French Police Cert Check needs to be translated into english to lodge a Spouse Visa in UK.
PCC is blank - ie. no police records - surely they can figure that one out just from looking at it - even though it is in French!!!
Any advice - we want to make sure we do it all right the first time!
Also if it does need to be translated - know where we can get it done??

Cheers

Jubri
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Gabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really niceGabriel is just really nice
Default Re: Police Cert Translation

Originally Posted by jubri
Hi All,

Does any one know if a French Police Cert Check needs to be translated into english to lodge a Spouse Visa in UK.
PCC is blank - ie. no police records - surely they can figure that one out just from looking at it - even though it is in French!!!
Any advice - we want to make sure we do it all right the first time!
Also if it does need to be translated - know where we can get it done??

Cheers

Jubri
It says somewhere in Booklet 6 that all the documents you submit have to be in English. If it is not in English, you have to translate it. The translation has to be made by a certified translator and that translator can be French, or any nationality, no problem. He/ she must be qualified to make translations from French into English and this can be proven with a short statement at the end of the translation or with the stamp, if the stamp shows it. The translation must be certified by a notary public.
You have to submit both the French original document and the original certified translation.

Good luck!

Gabriel
Old Aug 24th 2004, 1:24 am
Just Joined

brayden is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer is Yes. I am in a similar situation, filed for 136 skilled & had to get French PCC. My lawyer told me it needs to be translated.

Cheers,
brayden

Jubri[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:58 am
wooooooo hoooooo

jubri is on a distinguished road

Thanks for those replies.

Brayden - where did you find a translator????
Old Aug 25th 2004, 2:52 am
Just Joined

brayden is an unknown quantity at this point

My lawyer offered to get it translated using their translator. The cost was $AU35, which is much more reasonable than what I would have paid overseas. I am sorry I don't know who the translator is.

Originally Posted by jubri
Thanks for those replies.

Brayden - where did you find a translator????