Wikiposts

Police

Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

kiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the rough
Default Police

Dear all,

Few days back a cop visited us. He had with him the form 80 which we sent to ASPC. This was my wife's form. I have been at my present address for a good 20 years. But wifee is here since 2002(After our marriage).
I have a doubt about why the police guy didn't have my form. When i asked from him he said that he hasn't received it.But this guy noted down all my details as well.
I would like to know the following:
1. Have i passed some sort of screening from DIMIA & is it why i have come to the PCC state?.

2. Would it be a concern that my form 80 was not received by the cop station?

Please help me

Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2005, 2:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police

No idea, but can you tell us what country you are in?
In the UK, the police have nothing to do with Form 80.
Old Dec 30th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone else know what this is about?! What was the point of his visit?

Kiwihope - did you know the police were going to visit or did they just turn up?

Originally Posted by kiwihope
Dear all,

Few days back a cop visited us. He had with him the form 80 which we sent to ASPC. This was my wife's form. I have been at my present address for a good 20 years. But wifee is here since 2002(After our marriage).
I have a doubt about why the police guy didn't have my form. When i asked from him he said that he hasn't received it.But this guy noted down all my details as well.
I would like to know the following:
1. Have i passed some sort of screening from DIMIA & is it why i have come to the PCC state?.

2. Would it be a concern that my form 80 was not received by the cop station?

Please help me

Thanks

Last edited by mvt550; Dec 30th 2005 at 4:57 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2005, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

kiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mvt550
Anyone else know what this is about?! What was the point of his visit?

Kiwihope - did you know the police were going to visit or did they just turn up?
Hi Pollyana and mvt,

I'm from Sri Lanka, no they just turned up. Even before i got out of bed this guy was at our door step. It took me a while to clear any doubts of my placing a wakeup visit with the police!!.
He mainly asked me for how long we've been at this address and identification details.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone know whether my application has got some sort of an OK for a cop to come to see us?
LOL

Regards

Best Wishes for the new year folks!!!
Old Dec 31st 2005, 10:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it may be a visit to confirm that you both live there - not done in the UK, but I think some coutries have different procedures.
At least it proves they are working on your application!