Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Points Review NZ - anything announced yet ?

Points Review NZ - anything announced yet ?

Old Aug 31st 2002, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, NZ (was Broadstairs, Kent, UK)
Pippa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Points Review NZ - anything announced yet ?

Tomorrow is 1st Sept and can still see no announcement of NZ points increase.

Can we assume that September will remain at 28 points?

If YES yipppeee arty:

Thanks

Pippa xx
Old Sep 1st 2002, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Points Review NZ - anything announced yet ?

Haven't heard anything yet....They'll either do one or two things:

a) leave the passmark unchanged at 28 - so you've got another 4 weeks until it's due for review again

b) Announce that with immediate effect the passmark has gone up to 29/30/31 - ie no notice period before it changes.

Will have a look 1st thing in the morning - a m8 of mine has everything ready to submit is appln, he's just waiting for his police cert which is due any day now & he's got 23 points & hoping to get a 6 month job search visa. If it goes up by 1 point he's screwed...so as u can imagine he's a bit nervous right now!!
Old Sep 1st 2002, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kerikeri, Bay of Islands, NZ (was Broadstairs, Kent, UK)
Pippa is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Britboy

Thanks for both of your answers to my posts really helpful.

I can identify with your mate as we are at that point to and with 23/24 points so if they increase were buggered too!!.

Where abouts are you in NZ (Auckland?).

We want to be out there before xmas and will start off in Auckland area. Rent a furnished home for two, find a job and see how it goes.

Cheers

Pippa xx
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

p__sullivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pippa:
Dear Britboy

Thanks for both of your answers to my posts really helpful.

I can identify with your mate as we are at that point to and with 23/24 points so if they increase were buggered too!!.

Where abouts are you in NZ (Auckland?).

We want to be out there before xmas and will start off in Auckland area. Rent a furnished home for two, find a job and see how it goes.

Cheers

Pippa xx

Hi Pippa and BritBoy..
First thing is to say.. bugger.. it looks as if the points total has gone up to 29.. so if that puts you in the cack.. can I just say hang on in there.. 29 is unsustainable.. and it will be coming down in the future… although when that is ?

In response to something you said Pippa about renting a furnished place in Auckland… we have been trying to do the same thing in Wellington and Christchurch.. basically you might be lucky with a long term rent on a holiday flat or something similar.. the down side of this is that you will have to sign a fixed tern let.. in which case if you have to move. You are still eligible for the rest of the rent.. a fact we were brought up with when we were only 1 week into a 12 week rent when we had to move.. ouch

The norm seems to be non furnished.. bugger.. and expensive.. and by non furnished I mean you will be very lucky to get a cooker…
I know today probably hasn’t been a fun news day.. and with this info the day probably got much worse.. but a least fore warned is fore armed

Cheers

Paul & Sam
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 8:13 pm
Emmy & Phil

I disagree, furnished is hard to come by yes but there are a lot out there that have
white ware included and ever house we looked at all had cooking facilities, There are
a couple of places you can rent furniture from so its not the end of the world.

Emily

"p__sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Pippa:
    > > Dear Britboy
    > >
    > > Thanks for both of your answers to my posts really helpful.
    > >
    > > I can identify with your mate as we are at that point to and with
    > > 23/24 points so if they increase were buggered too!!.
    > >
    > > Where abouts are you in NZ (Auckland?).
    > >
    > > We want to be out there before xmas and will start off in Auckland area. Rent a
    > > furnished home for two, find a job and see how it goes.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Pippa xx
    > Hi Pippa and BritBoy.. First thing is to say.. bugger.. it looks as if the points
    > total has gone up to 29.. so if that puts you in the cack.. can I just say hang on
    > in there.. 29 is unsustainable.. and it will be coming down in the future. although
    > when that is ?
    > In response to something you said Pippa about renting a furnished place in
    > Auckland. we have been trying to do the same thing in Wellington and Christchurch..
    > basically you might be lucky with a long term rent on a holiday flat or something
    > similar.. the down side of this is that you will have to sign a fixed tern let.. in
    > which case if you have to move. You are still eligible for the rest of the rent.. a
    > fact we were brought up with when we were only 1 week into a 12 week rent when we
    > had to move.. ouch
    > The norm seems to be non furnished.. bugger.. and expensive.. and by non furnished
    > I mean you will be very lucky to get a cooker. I know today probably hasn't been a
    > fun news day.. and with this info the day probably got much worse.. but a least
    > fore warned is fore armed
    > Cheers
    > Paul & Sam
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 5th 2002, 10:51 am
Michael

see my post to your previous message...

I thought you got points for a job offer ? what about looking for work before you
come here ? you will need a work visa I think, unless there is still some agreement
for UK workers.

Phelan

Pippa wrote:

> Dear Britboy
    > Thanks for both of your answers to my posts really helpful.
    > I can identify with your mate as we are at that point to and with 23/24 points so
    > if they increase were buggered too!!.
    > Where abouts are you in NZ (Auckland?).
    > We want to be out there before xmas and will start off in Auckland area. Rent a
    > furnished home for two, find a job and see how it goes.
    > Cheers
    > Pippa xx
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com