Wikiposts

Points - Queries

Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Naved is on a distinguished road
Default Points - Queries

Hi All,

I have 3 basic queries regarding points test...

1) If I lodge(received by DIMIA) the application 1 week prior my 30th birthday (means I'm 29 yeards and 350+ days old), will I be getting 30 points ?

2) Can I claim bonus points for spouse skills after lodging the application, without mentioning this while lodging the application.

3) Similar to query 2. Can I claim bonus points for Community language after lodging the application, where I've not mentioned anything on this while lodging the application.

Thanks
Old Oct 12th 2004, 11:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points - Queries

Originally Posted by Naved
Hi All,

I have 3 basic queries regarding points test...

1) If I lodge(received by DIMIA) the application 1 week prior my 30th birthday (means I'm 29 yeards and 350+ days old), will I be getting 30 points ?
Yes.

2) Can I claim bonus points for spouse skills after lodging the application, without mentioning this while lodging the application.
A grey area. Get good professional advice if you need those points.
It's definitely the case that you need to nominate the spouse's occupation on the form - ASPC have tended to ask for the skill assessment at lodgement as well but it's not completely clear whether the law insists on this as well. Don't try to argue this on your own.

3) Similar to query 2. Can I claim bonus points for Community language after lodging the application, where I've not mentioned anything on this while lodging the application.
As long as you claim the points before assessment - usually yes. But why would you not mention this at the start - how are you planning to claim the points? If via NAATI, it's *not* an easy way.

Jeremy

Thanks[/QUOTE]