Wikiposts

Points mean prizes!? lol

Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:59 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Points mean prizes!? lol

If I had enough points @ the time of lodgement, ie 120 for a GSM 175, and DIAC decided to try and cut migration numbers by upping the points, are those who have already lodged their visa applications, safe enough as they met the points @ the time of lodgement? Very long-winded question, but it's been playing on my mind...

Ta for any help,

Jen xo
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:02 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice
Default Re: Points mean prizes!? lol

Very good question..

But please bare in mind that the last big changes brought in jan 1st effected all application...
Only those currently under CO's were exempt..
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:03 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshireclan
Very good question..

But please bare in mind that the last big changes brought in jan 1st effected all application...
Only those currently under CO's were exempt..
Yeah, the Jan 1st changes meant applications would be processed in a new priority order, I'm aware of that, too aware, as I'm at the bottom of the pile being non CSL/MODL lol
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:11 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Sorry to hear that...

Even though we are 175 CSL, it affected our timeframe too..

Originally after lodgement we were informed CO's were being allocated to cases around 5 months after lodgement...

We have now been 7 months and expect to be atleast another 2 before we hear from a CO...

Funny thing is my wife is a primary school teacher and we were originally going with her as main applicant, were advised by agent to go as myself being main applicant...Good job we did or we'd have also been bottom of pile now...

Last edited by Yorkshireclan; Mar 13th 2009 at 10:17 pm. Reason: must learn to spell
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:15 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Sorry to here that...

Even though we are 175 CSL, it effected our timeframe too..

Originally after lodgement we were informed CO's were being allocated to cases around 5 months after lodgement...

We have now been 7 months and expect to be atleast another 2 before we hear from a CO...

Funny thing is my wife is a primary school teacher and we were originally going with her as main applicant, were advised by agent to go as myself being main applicant...Good job we did or we'd have also been bottom of pile now...
I dont mind the wait, as I've yet to sell my house etc and want as much equity from it as I can possibly get, so the wait till help that....
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I see you've done your meds already, even though you've not been allocated a CO...
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:19 pm
applied August 2008..

Goodluck with your application and selling of home.....

We are praying we will be done and dusted for end of May..

Hoping to go out in August....
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:20 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Goodluck with your application and selling of home.....

We are praying we will be done and dusted for end of May..

Hoping to go out in August....
I hope you get the timescale you're expecting, things are so uncertain in the world of emigrating @ the moment...it's not a very nice limbo to be in....
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:24 pm
applied August 2008..

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I see you've done your meds already, even though you've not been allocated a CO...
Yes we stuck with timescale of "lodge application, wait 6 months, do meds etc"

Also agent advised us that being on CSL it wouldn't hurt to send meds and police checks early..

Did read on another thread that someone had contacted DIAC regarding timeframe for fl meds, was told there shoudn't be much difference in timeframe for someone on CSL??

Have to wait and see if ASPC do allocate all CSL applications before June 2009..
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

If I had enough points @ the time of lodgement, ie 120 for a GSM 175, and DIAC decided to try and cut migration numbers by upping the points, are those who have already lodged their visa applications, safe enough as they met the points @ the time of lodgement? Very long-winded question, but it's been playing on my mind...

Ta for any help,

Jen xo
I think the answer is clear in this link

How often do the pass and pool marks change?

Changes to the pass and pool marks occur to address Australian labour market needs.

You should check the current pass mark immediately before making an application. You will be assessed against the pass and pool mark that is in effect on the day you make your application.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by mavios
I think the answer is clear in this link
Great ta
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Great ta
yw