Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Points Increase for New Zealand.....Need Clarification

Wikiposts

Points Increase for New Zealand.....Need Clarification

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:28 am
Pir R Qayyum

Default Points Increase for New Zealand.....Need Clarification

Please advise me that a person with 21 points can apply for immigration as the marks
for relevant job are now 8. As per New Zealand Immigration website one can apply if
he/she is withing 5 points range of the passing marks. It looks from onward applicant
with 24 points can apply for job search visa. Am I right? PRQ

Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:45 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Points Increase for New Zealand.....Need Clarification

> Please advise me that a person with 21 points can apply for immigration
> as the marks for relevant job are now 8.

There's nothing stopping you from parting with your money and sending in your application, is there?

> As per New Zealand Immigration website one can apply if
he/she is withing
> 5 points range of the passing marks. It looks from onward applicant
> with 24 points can apply for job search visa. Am I right?

As 29-5 is 24, so 24 points would be the threshold to get a job search visa, yes.

Peter
Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:49 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pir R Qayyum:
Please advise me that a person with 21 points can apply for immigration as the marks
for relevant job are now 8. As per New Zealand Immigration website one can apply if
he/she is withing 5 points range of the passing marks. It looks from onward applicant
with 24 points can apply for job search visa. Am I right? PRQ
Sorry Pir, incorrect. You have to be within 5 points of the points passmark, ie 24 now, to apply and be assessed for PR. If you apply with only 21 points, you will fail and your money will be taken.

If you actually had a relevant job offer at the time of your PR application then you could of course proceed.

You are correct that normally if you have 24 points (now) you will fail to get PR but be offered the option of the 6 month work visa for job search.

Cheers - Don
Old Sep 12th 2002, 9:25 am
Jaj

If someone can find a relevant job offer from overseas, or if they are already
working within NZ on a work visa, it's quite feasible to get PR if they only have 21
points. Points for a job offer are currently 8, but you need to be within 5 points
of the pass mark to get the 6 month work visa.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:49:37 +0000, pleasancefamily
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >Originally posted by Pir R Qayyum:
    >> Please advise me that a person with 21 points can apply for immigration as the
    >> marks for relevant job are now 8. As per New Zealand Immigration website one can
    >> apply if he/she is withing 5 points range of the passing marks. It looks from
    >> onward applicant with 24 points can apply for job search visa. Am I right? PRQ
    >Sorry Pir, incorrect. You have to be within 5 points of the points passmark, ie 24
    >now, to apply and be assessed for PR. If you apply with only 21 points, you will
    >fail and your money will be taken.
    >If you actually had a relevant job offer at the time of your PR application then you
    >could of course proceed.
    >You are correct that normally if you have 24 points (now) you will fail to get PR
    >but be offered the option of the 6 month work visa for job search.
    >Cheers - Don
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com