PM flags Citizenship changes

Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: PM flags Citizenship changes

Rest easy buddy. Your friend is safe. I can say as if like newtons law on gravity. But careful there are moral police officers doing screen shots and send to relevant authorities so do not ask any thing like outsmarting the people who claim to have superior English but can't use the law to their advantage and scorn on others who did like your friend.

Originally Posted by k974
He just spent 2.5hrs on the phone to them, the guy said his supervisor reckons it will come in from the dates its passed. i.e 1st June onwards or whatever, that contradicts most of what is online tho.

you would think being reasonable people on the current process could follow it through it would apply to any new PR's. They effectively ran campaigns to bring people into the country and disclosed the pathway to citizenship changing it midway through seems unreasonable.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

I am very sad to see you get caught in this political nonsense. Some day I hope you become the immi officer and enforce the rule as it is or give the benefit of the doubt to an applicant situation. Unlike other moral police here who are ought to get revenge anyone who have outsmarted them.

Instead of acknowledging that they didn't know those info they are trying to close. I can tell you a way how you can bypass the Aussie citizenship. But then if I do publicly then that loop hole will be closed. Hence if you pm me I will let you know. It may help or may not. That is you who have to decide
Originally Posted by Croker
Oh, if only! I'm really disappointed in today's announcement; I came to Australia on a PMV in October 2014, applied as a spouse in April 2016, and was recently granted my 820 at the end of February this year. So, as it stands, I won't get PR until April 2018 at the earliest.

If these proposed changes go through, I'll then be unable to apply for citizenship until April 2022 (again, at the earliest). That, to me, is excessive - an almost 8 year route to citizenship (longer, when you factor in application processing times)? Under the rules that prevailed until yesterday, I would be a citizen in half that time.

The irony here for me, personally, is that my job in the UK (for almost 15 years, in fact) was...immigration officer A job I can't actually do in Australia at this point because I'm not a citizen - and which I won't be able to apply for at any time in the near future.

I spent almost my entire first year here looking for work, and didn't have much joy - I had some interviews, at least one of which I mysteriously lost out on at the last minute (and which I'm convinced was down to my immigration status), but an awful lot of jobs were advertised with a blanket "Permanent residents or Australian Citizens only". The positions for which I had the most experience were even worse, usually going as far as saying "you must be an Australian Citizen or immediately eligible to become one in order to apply".

Thankfully, I do now have a job, because an employer was far-sighted enough to look at more than just my immigration status when I applied, but I spent a pretty miserable year chasing everything I could. Although things are very positive at my workplace, and I've already had a contract extension, the worry is that the time comes when an extension isn't possible. What then?

Ultimately, shutting people out from citizenship for such a long-period is counter-productive. For those already in Australia, you're locking them out from the complete range of employment opportunities (thus making it more likely they may need some form of government support). You're also shutting them out from deeper engagement with Australian society, as they can't vote. For those considering coming to Australia, and who have skills the country urgently need, do you really want your pitch to be "Hey, come on over, we really want you, but bear in mind it could take you the best part of a decade to become an Australian citizen"?

Apologies for the rant, but this is so wrong-headed it's hard to know where to begin. The worst part is that I expect some horse-trading to take place to get these changes through parliament, but I suspect getting this element amended will be seen as low priority, therefore will probably remain intact. Gutted
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Croker
Oh, if only! I'm really disappointed in today's announcement; I came to Australia on a PMV in October 2014, applied as a spouse in April 2016, and was recently granted my 820 at the end of February this year. So, as it stands, I won't get PR until April 2018 at the earliest.

If these proposed changes go through, I'll then be unable to apply for citizenship until April 2022 (again, at the earliest). That, to me, is excessive - an almost 8 year route to citizenship (longer, when you factor in application processing times)? Under the rules that prevailed until yesterday, I would be a citizen in half that time.

The irony here for me, personally, is that my job in the UK (for almost 15 years, in fact) was...immigration officer A job I can't actually do in Australia at this point because I'm not a citizen - and which I won't be able to apply for at any time in the near future.

I spent almost my entire first year here looking for work, and didn't have much joy - I had some interviews, at least one of which I mysteriously lost out on at the last minute (and which I'm convinced was down to my immigration status), but an awful lot of jobs were advertised with a blanket "Permanent residents or Australian Citizens only". The positions for which I had the most experience were even worse, usually going as far as saying "you must be an Australian Citizen or immediately eligible to become one in order to apply".

Thankfully, I do now have a job, because an employer was far-sighted enough to look at more than just my immigration status when I applied, but I spent a pretty miserable year chasing everything I could. Although things are very positive at my workplace, and I've already had a contract extension, the worry is that the time comes when an extension isn't possible. What then?

Ultimately, shutting people out from citizenship for such a long-period is counter-productive. For those already in Australia, you're locking them out from the complete range of employment opportunities (thus making it more likely they may need some form of government support). You're also shutting them out from deeper engagement with Australian society, as they can't vote. For those considering coming to Australia, and who have skills the country urgently need, do you really want your pitch to be "Hey, come on over, we really want you, but bear in mind it could take you the best part of a decade to become an Australian citizen"?

Apologies for the rant, but this is so wrong-headed it's hard to know where to begin. The worst part is that I expect some horse-trading to take place to get these changes through parliament, but I suspect getting this element amended will be seen as low priority, therefore will probably remain intact. Gutted
Your rant is right. I always have empathy towards people not the law. Law is meant for us. I am in a uniformed profession. I want to do the same things like you want but I can't because of the citizenship requirement. Private sector need Aussie experience. If you are non white with no Aussie experience. The chances of you ending up driving taxi or paint the home is quite high. I have seen many doctors and engineers do it to meet their ends. I have no idea all this English test repeatedly tested to what end?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airlineguy1980
I am very sad to see you get caught in this political nonsense. Some day I hope you become the immi officer and enforce the rule as it is or give the benefit of the doubt to an applicant situation. Unlike other moral police here who are ought to get revenge anyone who have outsmarted them.

Instead of acknowledging that they didn't know those info they are trying to close. I can tell you a way how you can bypass the Aussie citizenship. But then if I do publicly then that loop hole will be closed. Hence if you pm me I will let you know. It may help or may not. That is you who have to decide
I have no idea what you're suggesting in either of these paragraphs but this is the Immigration Forum, first we don't condone any illegal practices at all. Secondly we insist on all information being posted on the public forums as there is no way to control bad/incorrect information if it's hidden from other users/Mods/Registered Agents.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:26 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

It's also possible (but unlikely) that they will offer a clause to those Kiwis who were offered a pathway to citizenship in February 2016 as it applied only to those onshore at the time it was announced (and shut out of the pre-2001 rules) and offered them a 5+1 pathway - it's now a 5+4 pathway.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I have no idea what you're suggesting in either of these paragraphs but this is the Immigration Forum, first we don't condone any illegal practices at all. Secondly we insist on all information being posted on the public forums as there is no way to control bad/incorrect information if it's hidden from other users/Mods/Registered Agents.
Hi penny until now I did all I could but some forum posters started to cry to authorities using screen shots. So sorry no longer loop holes in public forum
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:20 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Rest easy buddy. Your friend is safe. I can say as if like newtons law on gravity. But careful there are moral police officers doing screen shots and send to relevant authorities so do not ask any thing like outsmarting the people who claim to have superior English but can't use the law to their advantage and scorn on others who did like your friend.
There is no need to be rude for one, but also I think your advice in this respect is wrong. Everything I've heard is that they will make these changes active from the date of announcement if passed, so his friend is not okay with only 15months of PR as the new rules are 4 years.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 7:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi penny until now I did all I could but some forum posters started to cry to authorities using screen shots. So sorry no longer loop holes in public forum
Can you stop with the paranoia please? Since BE started over 16 years ago Immigration officials have watched the boards. Users have been advised over these years not to use their real names or give any personal information out especially when asking or doing something that could be frowned upon by DIBP. No one takes screen shots and tells them to close loopholes. They know they have loopholes and if those loopholes get abused on a regular basis they close them.

Keep giving factual information on the public forum and stop trying to scare or intimidate people by telling them someone will report them for whatever reason. It's complete nonsense.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Am I scaring someone. Really penny read the post before on other thread and see one BE god claimed she or he did it. Sorry anyway. Everybody I helped via pm they get what they looking for .

I am not here to score goals. I reply every questions as if they are my friends and family with due diligence and so far I was spot on. Those people not only learn how to do it and never needed anymore advice from anyone as they can do it by themselves. I don't give fish I teach them how to fish. So they can get what they looking for
Old Apr 24th 2017, 9:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Am I scaring someone. Really penny read the post before on other thread and see one BE god claimed she or he did it. Sorry anyway. Everybody I helped via pm they get what they looking for .

I am not here to score goals. I reply every questions as if they are my friends and family with due diligence and so far I was spot on. Those people not only learn how to do it and never needed anymore advice from anyone as they can do it by themselves. I don't give fish I teach them how to fish. So they can get what they looking for
I am perfectly aware of what has been written in other threads which is partly why I wrote what I did. Just because someone says they'll report someone doesn't actually mean they will. As I said DIBP have always (regardless of how many name changes they go through) been watching BE and every other Australian migration forum. I'd say there is a fair to strong possibility that people have had their visas refused because of stuff they've said/given away/lied about on here.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Could be close this thread please it's getting too deep and boring for me?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 11:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by garyp
Unsubscribe from the thread, you won't see it then. Certainly not closing it, it's holding relevant information that can be added to as and when.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
Shallow and entertaining is third door on the left, it has an Exit sign above it
Old Apr 24th 2017, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

k974 will become famous soon enough

Any one watch q&a ? Any thoughts? And ray of hope for grandfathering the changes for those with pr on 20/4/17
Old Apr 24th 2017, 1:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I am perfectly aware of what has been written in other threads which is partly why I wrote what I did. Just because someone says they'll report someone doesn't actually mean they will. As I said DIBP have always (regardless of how many name changes they go through) been watching BE and every other Australian migration forum. I'd say there is a fair to strong possibility that people have had their visas refused because of stuff they've said/given away/lied about on here.
In my days as a Mod I was asked by registered agents, on more than one cocasion, to remove certain thread as they contained too much personal info posted by their clients. On at least one of these occasions the removal request came after a DIBP Case Officer contacted the agent to discuss a case, and made a direct referrence to info posted on BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.