Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Please tell me who is New Zealand eligible citizen

Wikiposts

Please tell me who is New Zealand eligible citizen

Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please tell me who is New Zealand eligible citizen

One of my friend wants to migrate to Australia. His own brother is in New Zealand and well settled. My friend wants to get sponsored from his brother. That is why he wants know about (meaning of) eligible Newzeland citizen

Following text found on DIMIA web site.

Points Test - General skilled migration to Australia
Points for relationship may be awarded if an applicant or their spouse has a relative who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and who is willing to sponsor them.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 1:39 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please tell me who is New Zealand eligible citizen

From what i understand, to be sponsored by an eligable New Zealand citizen, he or she must be a resident in Australia.

Rob

Originally posted by flowerkris
One of my friend wants to migrate to Australia. His own brother is in New Zealand and well settled. My friend wants to get sponsored from his brother. That is why he wants know about (meaning of) eligible Newzeland citizen

Points for relationship may be awarded if an applicant or their spouse has a relative who is an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and who is willing to sponsor them.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 2:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

See the definition here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1162.pdf

Most NZ citizens arriving to live in Australia after 26 Feb 2001 are not 'eligible' NZ citizens.

Sponsorship is only one part of the equation, there's also the Assurance of Support.

The bottom line is that his brother in NZ is unlikely to be of any help in migrating to Australia.

Jeremy

Originally posted by flowerkris

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

flowerkris is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

Thank you very much. Now it is clear.

I am sorry. He can't use that option.

He has to believe his own spirits.

Thank you once again.