Please help! Where do I stand

Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Talking Please help! Where do I stand

My mum and dad have emigrated to australia as perament residents and can get citzenship in Sept.
My sister moved in oct 06 as she got residency in 03 with my parents as she was under 18 at the time she is now 21

i am 24 in june and want to join them now. i am single and have no family in the uk apart from 2 aunts.

Would i qualify for last remaining relative? please help x
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:45 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Re: Please help! Where do I stand

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
My mum and dad have emigrated to australia as perament residents and can get citzenship in Sept.
My sister moved in oct 06 as she got residency in 03 with my parents as she was under 18 at the time she is now 21

i am 24 in june and want to join them now. i am single and have no family in the uk apart from 2 aunts.

Would i qualify for last remaining relative? please help x
Can`t be 100% sure but I think you would qualify. Hopefully someone on here will know for definite.

Tracey x
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you not have any qualifications that could get you there on your own? If not, why not look into going on a student visa and gaining PR after your studies are over?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:44 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Do you not have any qualifications that could get you there on your own? If not, why not look into going on a student visa and gaining PR after your studies are over?
Remaining relative would normally be preferable to the "study" route.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Would i qualify for last remaining relative?
Aunts do not disqualify you from being a remaining relative. If you have no other close relatives in the UK, and no step-siblings or step-parents etc, then it seems you might have a chance of remaining relative if you are still single.

Downloand and read booklet 4:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm

Your parents will need to have been in Australia 2 years to sponsor for remaining relative. An Assurance of Support (which has its own income rules) is also mandatory.

If you think you are still eligible, it's recommended to get professional assistance with a remaining relative application. Ian Harrop is a good option if you are in the UK: http://www.ianharrop.co.uk
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FionaCarreMA
I believe the remaining relative visa may be appropriate in your situation. If you would like a free initial assessment of eligibility, contact me at fionacarre[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au.

Fiona Carre
Registered Migration Agent
Gold Coast, Australia
Hi Everyone

Thankyou for replying, I am going out in June. I am currently working for BT as a Account Manager so I do not qualify for a skill. I have spoken to the agent my family used on friday and they say I will get in on the remaining relative fine if not i will go for the study route - maybe become a teacher! Best of luck everyone x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Everyone

Thankyou for replying, I am going out in June. I am currently working for BT as a Account Manager so I do not qualify for a skill. I have spoken to the agent my family used on friday and they say I will get in on the remaining relative fine if not i will go for the study route - maybe become a teacher! Best of luck everyone x
Thanks best of luck x