Please help, regards medicals!

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 6:20 pm
Bob

Default Please help, regards medicals!

Any advice?

I am hopefull for getting a provisional acceptance of my visa application within the
next couple of weeks. This is through the regional and state migration with employer
sponsorship. I need to be in Aus within the next two to three months. My future
employer is based in Adelaide and has spoken to immigration and has had a verbal
"should be okay and in a couple of weeks"

I haven't been asked for medicals yet as the form has only just gone in, but I
guess medicals and police checks are going to hold me up. I realise they are only
valid for a short while, but I don't think I'll be waiting long anyway. Should I go
get them done now? I'm going to do the police checks now as I see the comments on
delays on here!

What's the concensus?

Thanks

Old Jul 23rd 2002, 6:58 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help, regards medicals!

Originally posted by Bob
I realise they are only valid for a short while, but I don't think I'll be waiting long anyway. Should I go get them done now?
Bob, the police checks and medical report are valid for 12 months from date of issue. If you estimate that DIMIA is going to request for them in a matter of weeks, then there shouldn't be any issue of these checks expirying before they are submitted.

Peter
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 2:21 pm
Bob

Default Re: Please help, regards medicals!

Will there be any issue with which Dr. though if I took one off the immi web site?
How often do they update this list?

Thanks

"ptlabs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Bob wrote:
    > > I realise they are only valid for a short while, but I don't think
I'll
    > > be waiting long anyway. Should I go get them done now?
    >
    >
    > Bob, the police checks and medical report are valid for 12 months from date of
    > issue. If you estimate that DIMIA is going to request for them in a matter of
    > weeks, then there shouldn't be any issue of these checks expirying before they are
    > submitted.
    >
    >
    > Peter
    >
    >
    >
    > --