please help...... question - bridging visa

Old May 8th 2002, 3:20 pm
Nat

Default please help...... question - bridging visa

I now have a graduate temporary visa which will expire on 27 August this year but I
haven't lodged form 47sk to Adelaide yet. I am still waiting for the assessment
from the ACS.

Let says if I get the result from the ACS in June or late June, so it would give
the immigration only 2 months (till my temporary visa expiry date) to process my
application. If I have not heard anything back from Adelaide centre on 26/27
Aug., will I be eligible to get bridging visa A to continue staying in Australia
till I get PR?

My agent said that I would have to leave Australia; however, I think I should be able
to get a bridging visa A, shouldn't I? My understanding is that BVA is for applicants
who hold a substantive visa (e.g. graduate temporary visa?) when they apply for
another substantive visa (e.g. PR?) in Australia.

Thanks in advance.

Nat

Old May 8th 2002, 3:20 pm
Tim S

Default Re: please help...... question - bridging visa

>Let says if I get the result from the ACS in June or late June, so it would give
    >the immigration only 2 months (till my temporary visa expiry date) to process my
    >application. If I have not heard anything back from Adelaide centre on 26/27
    >Aug., will I be eligible to get bridging visa A to continue staying in Australia
    >till I get PR?

I have it on good authority (calling Adelaide) that you will have a bridging visa.
Provided that that application is lodged and assessed as valid before the expiry
date of your GST visa. That means you better send it at least a month before the GST
visa expiry.

For your own sake, make sure everything's included in your application so that DIMIA
can assess it as quickly as possible (no "please send us more documents" crap which
slows them down).

Old May 9th 2002, 12:20 am
George Lombard

Default Re: please help...... question - bridging visa

Hi Nat,

Bear in mind that you still have to lodge within six months of completing your IT
degree, whether or not you have a bridging visa...

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Nat wrote in message ...
    >I now have a graduate temporary visa which will expire on 27 August this year but I
    >haven't lodged form 47sk to Adelaide yet. I am still waiting for the assessment
    >from the ACS.
    >
    >Let says if I get the result from the ACS in June or late June, so it would give
    >the immigration only 2 months (till my temporary visa expiry date) to process my
    >application. If I have not heard anything back from Adelaide centre on 26/27
    >Aug., will I be eligible to get bridging visa A to continue staying in Australia
    >till I get PR?
    >
    >My agent said that I would have to leave Australia; however, I think I should be
    >able to get a bridging visa A, shouldn't I? My understanding is that BVA is for
    >applicants who hold a substantive visa (e.g. graduate temporary visa?) when they
    >apply for another substantive visa (e.g. PR?) in Australia.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Nat