please help, pleeeeaaaassse

Old Jan 7th 2005, 6:35 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Question please help, pleeeeaaaassse

Anyone know if repetitive strain injury has any negaive effect on the medical?? As I suffered with it in my right wrist and thumb over Christmas.

Also, I had an op on my left knee back in 2003. Do I need to get proof of what I had done from the hospital, or can I just tell them when I get med done?? I had an arthroscapy and a partial menisectomy, so it wasn't all that big an op.
My husband had an op on his back back in 1999, do they need to know about this or am I right in thinkng that they only need to know about ops done in the last 5 years-I'm sure I read this somewhere but I can't find where.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: please help, pleeeeaaaassse

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Anyone know if repetitive strain injury has any negaive effect on the medical?? As I suffered with it in my right wrist and thumb over Christmas.

Also, I had an op on my left knee back in 2003. Do I need to get proof of what I had done from the hospital, or can I just tell them when I get med done?? I had an arthroscapy and a partial menisectomy, so it wasn't all that big an op.
My husband had an op on his back back in 1999, do they need to know about this or am I right in thinkng that they only need to know about ops done in the last 5 years-I'm sure I read this somewhere but I can't find where.

Chill out, the medical is to confirm you are not going to cost the Aussie tax payer bucks for your medical treatment, they are more interested in things like TB & AIDS etc that have expensive long term treatment implications, the forms do ask you to list all surgical procedures you have had but if its classed at "routine" then nothing to worry about,
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:43 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for putting my mind at rest. do you have any idea if I need to let them know exact details of operations or can I just briefly tell them what was done. I have already obtained the relevant forms and I see it does ask about ops. I'm asking because if they need details I'm gonna have to contact the hospital for a copy of my records as my GP doesn't hold them, and this may take some time. I do know the rough outline of what I had done.

Thanks again for your reply, you've replied to a couple of my posts lately so thanks for them aswell.
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:48 pm
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road

Hello there,

I would not worry too much. You should declare all and you'll be fine. If you've had the op you will be even moreso so my advice would be to stop worrying. I am not a medical expert! but after a year surfing on this wonderful site, people have had far more worrying things which they've overcome... so think on the positive side... tell the truth and you'll be right.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:10 am
GC family day carer

I am one of those people with far more worrying things ( husbands child from previous not migrating and ex-wife not helping at all) so maybe I'm worrying more about the little things cos I'm still paranoid that we still don't have all we need to sort out the big things. I just wanna know if anyone knows whether or not I need details of the ops to be obtained from the hospital, or will they not be bothered about the details. I have always been gonna tell the truth, just need to know how much info they need as I don't know exactly what I had done and if I need to know then I have to apply to the hospital for my notes and this will take time. I contacted the medical centre about this but the receptionist was unsure and there was no body else free to talk to me. I just don't want to be spending unnessessary money if I don't have to
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

I am one of those people with far more worrying things ( husbands child from previous not migrating and ex-wife not helping at all) so maybe I'm worrying more about the little things cos I'm still paranoid that we still don't have all we need to sort out the big things. I just wanna know if anyone knows whether or not I need details of the ops to be obtained from the hospital, or will they not be bothered about the details. I have always been gonna tell the truth, just need to know how much info they need as I don't know exactly what I had done and if I need to know then I have to apply to the hospital for my notes and this will take time. I contacted the medical centre about this but the receptionist was unsure and there was no body else free to talk to me. I just don't want to be spending unnessessary money if I don't have to

I am prety positive the answer is NO, you will not need precise details of the ops, there is a section on the form where it asks you IF you have had any surgical procedures, simply be truthfull and fill in this portion, it is a 1 liner, ie name of op and date op was carried out, that is it.

I would stop worrying about the medical stuff unlles you know you have TB or worse, and start diverting the attention to getting your ex-husbands wife to sorting out the child, this is a long drawn out procedure if you have to go legal with it.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 7:47 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

You do not have a problem. Don't create one by providing incomplete or inaccurate information.

Migration Agent
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PINOYAU
You do not have a problem. Don't create one by providing incomplete or inaccurate information.

Migration Agent
If someone has previously had surgery for breast cancer but has the all clear would this be considered enough evidence to fail a medical? My aunt was thinking of applying but gave up before she started because of her medical history.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 10:37 am
Banned

PINOYAU is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ali south]If someone has previously had surgery for breast cancer but has the all clear would this be considered enough evidence to fail a medical? My aunt was thinking of applying but gave up before she started because of her medical history.[/QUOTE

Probably OK.

It is possble to undertake a medical examination for migration and know the result before applying for a visa.
Check with your Australian mission and a Panel Doctor.

Bear in mind that medical examinations are valid for only 12 months and another medical might be required during the visa processing.

Migration Agent
Old Jan 8th 2005, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=PINOYAU]
Originally Posted by ali south
If someone has previously had surgery for breast cancer but has the all clear would this be considered enough evidence to fail a medical? My aunt was thinking of applying but gave up before she started because of her medical history.[/QUOTE

Probably OK.

It is possble to undertake a medical examination for migration and know the result before applying for a visa.
Check with your Australian mission and a Panel Doctor.

Bear in mind that medical examinations are valid for only 12 months and another medical might be required during the visa processing.

Migration Agent
thank you for your reply
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:34 pm
GC family day carer

Cheers for your help.

Everthing has always been getting done truthfully, it was just a case of how much info to provide,
And as for prob with ex-wife, we have sought legal advice and last trip to solicitors is on TUES-BLOODY EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:35 pm
GC family day carer

Sorry, hit caps lock by mistake
Old Jan 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
GC family day carer

Not sure about breast cancer but my bro in law had a cancerous tumour removed from his brain and had to wait 10 years before getting the all clear for the medical. He had to get a scan done on top of the usual med stuff and they let him go, although I believe he's cat B cos he has fits every now and again from it.
This is why we're a little paranoid about the meds, the op I had was a straight forward knee op, but, my husband had a cancerous cyst removed from his spine. He had the all clear last year as it had been 5 years since the op and there is no sign of it now but just because our hospital signed him off their patients list doesn't mean migration will let it pass. We are getting meds done in about 2 mths time so I'll stick a thread on ths site to let people out there paranoid about being accepted having had cancer will know the outcome.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Not sure about breast cancer but my bro in law had a cancerous tumour removed from his brain and had to wait 10 years before getting the all clear for the medical. He had to get a scan done on top of the usual med stuff and they let him go, although I believe he's cat B cos he has fits every now and again from it.
This is why we're a little paranoid about the meds, the op I had was a straight forward knee op, but, my husband had a cancerous cyst removed from his spine. He had the all clear last year as it had been 5 years since the op and there is no sign of it now but just because our hospital signed him off their patients list doesn't mean migration will let it pass. We are getting meds done in about 2 mths time so I'll stick a thread on ths site to let people out there paranoid about being accepted having had cancer will know the outcome.
Hi
I'd be grateful to hear of the outcome of your medicals.
I have had breast cancer but not had any treatment for the past 11 years.
I wasn't sure how this would be looked on for PR visa application?
Thanks Pata
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pata
Hi
I'd be grateful to hear of the outcome of your medicals.
I have had breast cancer but not had any treatment for the past 11 years.
I wasn't sure how this would be looked on for PR visa application?
Thanks Pata
Gosh Pata.

I don't have any answers for you, but couldn't help noticing that you must have been quite young for breast cancer?

Best of luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.