British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Please help with my AHPRA registration form! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/please-help-my-ahpra-registration-form-891552/)

lozzie123 Feb 13th 2017 7:11 pm

Please help with my AHPRA registration form!

I have been struggling to complete my international nursing registration form (AGOS-40) for weeks now. There is one question in particular which says AHPRA require in depth detail about my medicine management modules of the Adult Nursing BSc I completed. This seems quite excessive? There are transcripts I have saying I achieved the highest possible mark for this module however the transcripts do not list module content, such as calculation exams, administration of drugs etc which to me is what it seems they require. As a student nurse in the UK we were not formally assessed on drug admin as we were not permitted to give them without supervision prior to registration. Besides drug calc and lectures, we just had a competency during placements which was signed to show we were safely able to do it.

Is there anyone else in the same situation who can explain if this was really necessary? This is the only part of my application form that is incomplete and my university's lack of response is very frustrating, so was just wondering if it was actually an essential that they provide such information.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Lauren

Richard_Gregan Feb 14th 2017 9:41 am

Re: Please help with my AHPRA registration form!

AHPRA are quite hot on this now, so you'll need to hassle your uni to provide more documentary evidence of substantial study and assessment in pharmacology, including the following:
pharmacokinetics
pharmacodynamics
medication administration (including calculations), and
quality use of medicines.

Regards,

Richard

lozzie123 Feb 14th 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan (Post 12179368)
AHPRA are quite hot on this now, so you'll need to hassle your uni to provide more documentary evidence of substantial study and assessment in pharmacology, including the following:
pharmacokinetics
pharmacodynamics
medication administration (including calculations), and
quality use of medicines.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard,

Does it need to go directly to AHPRA?

I wasn't sure if it needed to be done as for all other evidence from uni (for example the validation of degree qualification) there has been an example template provided.

Lauren

Richard_Gregan Feb 14th 2017 4:19 pm

You could arrange for this degree info to go to AHPRA direct, but we've included it with the application in the past.

Regards,

Richard

sammy89 Dec 21st 2017 10:17 pm

I have just sent my application, I was worried about this and contacted my university. They were lovely and sent me all my course content. I wasn't sure if content required was covered in my course as rather than a module it was covered in random lectures over the years. The university must get a lot of request for this as they emailed it to me within the hour, they included a cover letter to show how I meet criterion 8 in detail. My application arrived in Sydney today so guessing I should here they have my application before the new year.
hope this helps x

Richard_Gregan Dec 22nd 2017 1:23 pm

Well done!

lhanna01 Feb 16th 2018 3:02 pm

Can anyone advise about the timeline. I am currently gathering documents for AHPRA. NMC have told me to submit the form, how long does this take, as I hear it is only valid for 3 months?

Secondly my Uni have said it takes 6 weeks to get transcript and they will send it direct, so if my form lands with AHPRA before all supporting documents from Uni and NMC, will it matter?

Thanks