Wikiposts

Please help - Migration Agents

Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Please help - Migration Agents

Hi all

If my partners studies the 2 year Child Care Co-ordinators course, can she apply for PR after she has gained 12 months experience under the new 18 month work experience ruling?

Cheers Bushy.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:49 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help - Migration Agents

Originally Posted by Bushman
Hi all

If my partners studies the 2 year Child Care Co-ordinators course, can she apply for PR after she has gained 12 months experience under the new 18 month work experience ruling?

Cheers Bushy.
Hi Bushy,

First question is whether you can meet the points test but if hoping for a 60 point skills assessment then I suggest you read the TRA guidelines first - if you meet the guidelines then you can apply for one of the GSM visas on the basis of a skills assessment; otherwise not.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 5th 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Thanks George, your are a star.

I'm and Estate Agent back in the UK, so like you I do help a few people out on here with advice. Where can I find the TRA'S guidlines?

Bushy.

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Bushy,

First question is whether you can meet the points test but if hoping for a 60 point skills assessment then I suggest you read the TRA guidelines first - if you meet the guidelines then you can apply for one of the GSM visas on the basis of a skills assessment; otherwise not.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

This is the link to TRA http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

- scroll down to the UAC = Uniform Assessment Criteria and wade your way through that reading

Cheers

Nick
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:14 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bushman
Thanks George, your are a star.

I'm and Estate Agent back in the UK, so like you I do help a few people out on here with advice. Where can I find the TRA'S guidlines?

Bushy.
Hi Bushy,

Nick from ASA has given you the TRA migration skills assessment home page which has a link to the UAC, however it's still hard to find the relevant paras in the UAC, which are as follows:

Trades Recognition Australia
Uniform Assessment Criteria
September 2007

14. Child Care Co-ordinator
14.1. Applicants must have completed a two year accredited post-secondary course in child care (diploma or advanced diploma) or three year accredited tertiary course in early childhood care or education.

14.2. Applicants must have three years supervisory experience that reflects the responsibilities, duties and tasks of a Child Care Co-ordinator. This must be obtained in an environment of substantial size and reputation and subject to a regulatory framework, and gained after the accredited course referred to above is completed.
14.3. Applicants must have demonstrated proficiency in English language literacy and numeracy with an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least six in all four components.

And see also the TRA FAQs on childcare co-ordinators: http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...sSheetFAQs.pdf

Cheers,

George Lombard