Wikiposts

Please help cricos change whilst studying

Old Mar 21st 2012, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Ruperts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help cricos change whilst studying

I have studied for a hairdressing course starting May 07 and finishing in Dec 08 and applied for my 886 visa in Jan 09

I am a little concerned about the 92 week study rule

When I applied and was accepted to my college the course was classed as full time 2 academic years (100 weeks)

A quarter of the way into my course and they stopped this course over 2 years and changed it to hairdressing and salon management,

I was thought it was ok as mine was still a 2 year course.

I have since looked at my documents and have noticed the course name has changed from WRH30100 on my enrolement letter to WRH30106 on my graduation certificate

When I have done a search for the cricos number for this new name it is only registered at 82 weeks.

I have a CO now and am so worried that this might be grounds for refusal
Can anyone help with this
Many thanks
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help cricos change whilst studying

You have only noticed this now, 3 years after the fact?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help cricos change whilst studying

Originally Posted by Ruperts
I have studied for a hairdressing course starting May 07 and finishing in Dec 08 and applied for my 886 visa in Jan 09

I am a little concerned about the 92 week study rule

When I applied and was accepted to my college the course was classed as full time 2 academic years (100 weeks)

A quarter of the way into my course and they stopped this course over 2 years and changed it to hairdressing and salon management,

I was thought it was ok as mine was still a 2 year course.

I have since looked at my documents and have noticed the course name has changed from WRH30100 on my enrolement letter to WRH30106 on my graduation certificate

When I have done a search for the cricos number for this new name it is only registered at 82 weeks.

I have a CO now and am so worried that this might be grounds for refusal
Can anyone help with this
Many thanks
As you now have a CO, there is not much you can really do to change the situation. You could either ask your CO or wait and see what they say.