Wikiposts

please help

Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Unhappy please help

i am getting all the paperwork together to send off to vettassess, and have been looking for OH certs. he is a joiner, couldnt find paperwork so sent off for replacement certs.

city and guilds have sent back cert for units towards city and guilds as it seems some of the archive cannot be found therefor the full city and guilds cert cannot be awarded.

called college and they have no record as when my (oldie) OH did his qualifications they stored everything on paper.

the last thing is the joiner that my OH was an apprentice for while he was at college has since passed away so no records of this too. have called all over to try and get something on paper from construction industry who may have sponsored him but, no nothing.

what do i do now can i still send the one cert of credits (coursework and assignments passed) off to vetassess with work experience and still hope to pass.

any info would be brill as this tra is confusing me (it dont take much) with removal of pathway D, so can i still apply and do the skills test just with work experience on vetassess.

thanks
c xx
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please help

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
i am getting all the paperwork together to send off to vettassess, and have been looking for OH certs. he is a joiner, couldnt find paperwork so sent off for replacement certs.

city and guilds have sent back cert for units towards city and guilds as it seems some of the archive cannot be found therefor the full city and guilds cert cannot be awarded.

called college and they have no record as when my (oldie) OH did his qualifications they stored everything on paper.

the last thing is the joiner that my OH was an apprentice for while he was at college has since passed away so no records of this too. have called all over to try and get something on paper from construction industry who may have sponsored him but, no nothing.

what do i do now can i still send the one cert of credits (coursework and assignments passed) off to vetassess with work experience and still hope to pass.

any info would be brill as this tra is confusing me (it dont take much) with removal of pathway D, so can i still apply and do the skills test just with work experience on vetassess.

thanks
c xx

Lyndhurst,

I also had problems with C&G for my OH's certificates - he did 2 qualifications and they could only find evidence of the 1 - luckily the one we needed for the application.:curse:

I would recommend that you speak to an agent as they will be able to give you a definitive answer.

Laura
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

thanks laura

c&g have been very unhelpful, college even worse and as for the CITB well dont get me started. just need to see if needs certificates to apply through vetassess or if work experience and skills test can do it.

c xx
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks laura

c&g have been very unhelpful, college even worse and as for the CITB well dont get me started. just need to see if needs certificates to apply through vetassess or if work experience and skills test can do it.

c xx
Hi again,

My understanding of the new VETASSESS rules is that the requirements for what precisely is needed (how many years, what kind of qualifications, how many) is much more relaxed than it used to be when the TRA was the assessing body.

It is difficult to know with absolute certainty what is and is not required for the VETASSESS procedure, as it is so new (and therefore we don't have years of experience to rely on), but no, qualifications are not strictly required.

Don't worry about the disappearance of Route D as this does not affect you (as Joiners must now go through VETASSESS). The routes only have to do with the TRA.

You can do a statutory declaration for his training.

Regards,
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Hi again,

My understanding of the new VETASSESS rules is that the requirements for what precisely is needed (how many years, what kind of qualifications, how many) is much more relaxed than it used to be when the TRA was the assessing body.

It is difficult to know with absolute certainty what is and is not required for the VETASSESS procedure, as it is so new (and therefore we don't have years of experience to rely on), but no, qualifications are not strictly required.

Don't worry about the disappearance of Route D as this does not affect you (as Joiners must now go through VETASSESS). The routes only have to do with the TRA.

You can do a statutory declaration for his training.

Regards,
Thankyou Kathryn

you always seem to be there when im in a panic
it nice of you to take time to reply along with the others.

been on phone most of day to try and sort this mess out and no further forward unless you call the offer of study towards an NVQ by the college!!!!!( therefor being in the same boat as the apprentice that has just started with him 2 weeks ago

would the stat dec be wrote by us and signed by a solicitor or would they have to wright this too

not in a rush as such but thats a huge weight off my mind not having to have the certs.

will watch with interest of any other joiners that are applying through vetassess although seems like they all had the sense to go through TRA

cheryl xx
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou Kathryn

you always seem to be there when im in a panic
it nice of you to take time to reply along with the others.

been on phone most of day to try and sort this mess out and no further forward unless you call the offer of study towards an NVQ by the college!!!!!( therefor being in the same boat as the apprentice that has just started with him 2 weeks ago

would the stat dec be wrote by us and signed by a solicitor or would they have to wright this too

not in a rush as such but thats a huge weight off my mind not having to have the certs.

will watch with interest of any other joiners that are applying through vetassess although seems like they all had the sense to go through TRA

cheryl xx
Hi Cheryl,

The stat dec will be written by you, but needs to begin and end with the proper wording. It will then be witnessed and signed by the solicitor. He/she will also need to see some ID at this point.

Have a great day,