PLC Programming

Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

The BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really nice
Default PLC Programming

Anyone on BE know what the requirements are for becoming a freelance PLC / HMI programmer here in Queensland?

Any constructive feedback greatfully received.

Regards,

The BBs
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLC Programming

Originally Posted by The BBs
Anyone on BE know what the requirements are for becoming a freelance PLC / HMI programmer here in Queensland?

Regards,

The BBs
Have you got a visa already? Your location says Devon, but your post says "here in Qld".

If you have a valid visa which doesn't tie you to an employer you can do whatever you want.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

The BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really niceThe BBs is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Have you got a visa already? Your location says Devon, but your post says "here in Qld".

If you have a valid visa which doesn't tie you to an employer you can do whatever you want.
Dear Dorothy,

I am here in Queensland now so will soon update my BE status from Devon to Brisbane. Been a little hectic of late so haven’t had the thought to change it.

I have a skills independent visa subclass 136 so I am flexible on my employment front – what I really wanted to know is, what legal requirements do I need to meet to be able to carry out PLC / HMI programming as a sub contractor? Will I need an electrical license for instance? Or do I need to register with some organization (apart from registering my self-employment / business that is)?

I know how “regulated” things are over here so I just thought it worthwhile asking!

Thanks for your kind help. If you or someone else knows the answer to the above, I would be eternally grateful for yours/their help.

Regards,

The BBs
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The BBs

Regards,

The BBs
No, there are no legal requirments. However, it could greatly help if you can get yourself membership of IEAust. It would help even more if you can get CPEng (Chartered professional engineers) membership of IEAust as compared to normal membership. The term of licence does not really apply to Engineers in Australia, Electrical licence usually means you are a qualified electrician, which could increase your chances of getting small contracts where one is expected to do not only programming but also do the actual site commissioning.

I think this thread will be (should be) moved to other areas of the forum. "PLC Programming" has hardly anything to do with immigration, visas and citizenship.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
No, there are no legal requirments. However, it could greatly help if you can get yourself membership of IEAust. It would help even more if you can get CPEng (Chartered professional engineers) membership of IEAust as compared to normal membership. The term of licence does not really apply to Engineers in Australia, Electrical licence usually means you are a qualified electrician, which could increase your chances of getting small contracts where one is expected to do not only programming but also do the actual site commissioning.

I think this thread will be (should be) moved to other areas of the forum. "PLC Programming" has hardly anything to do with immigration, visas and citizenship.
Hi JoeBlogsOfOz

Thank you so much for your informative post – it was exactly the sort of constructive reply I was looking for. Would you mind me send you a PM in regard to my original post please? Thank you.

I too couldn’t understand what my first post had to do with immigration, visas and citizenship and I agree that it should be moved elsewhere more fitting!

Thanks again for your kind post and if you are happy for me to PM you then I will do so once I get your ok.

The BBs