Wikiposts

Plasterer Tra skills assessment route B

Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

abranch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plasterer Tra skills assessment route B

Hi, We never got round to do my husbands TRA and now want to apply we was going I think under route D which has now been removed now. My husband has over 20 years experience he done a informal training where his brother learnt him the trade over 3 and a half years. He worked for him then for another 7 years and has been work self employed on his own now. Can he go through route B or not as I am really confused or does he have to have exams as he didnot take any exams at all ie City & Guilds Is there any other plasterer applying now through route B. If you have exams does any plasterer know a fast track course where he could get his exam. Worst scenrio if we cant go on route B an other way we could get in my husband is under 45 and we was looking to go to Melbourne. Also do you think they will bring back pathway D? Really gutted it has changed because we really want to go but we would like to go out on a permanent visa. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Allison
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Plasterer Tra skills assessment route B

Sorry i don't know but someone else should.:beer :
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

carlos73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plasterer Tra skills assessment route B

Originally Posted by abranch
Hi, We never got round to do my husbands TRA and now want to apply we was going I think under route D which has now been removed now. My husband has over 20 years experience he done a informal training where his brother learnt him the trade over 3 and a half years. He worked for him then for another 7 years and has been work self employed on his own now. Can he go through route B or not as I am really confused or does he have to have exams as he didnot take any exams at all ie City & Guilds Is there any other plasterer applying now through route B. If you have exams does any plasterer know a fast track course where he could get his exam. Worst scenrio if we cant go on route B an other way we could get in my husband is under 45 and we was looking to go to Melbourne. Also do you think they will bring back pathway D? Really gutted it has changed because we really want to go but we would like to go out on a permanent visa. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Allison
Hi
I was in the same boat as your husband, he needs to get in touch with a local collage an look at doing a nvq level 2 or 3. This takes round about 10 weeks to complete. He also needs to get a ref off his brother regarding training he recieved good luck.
Carl
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

If you do that make sure that it is a citb city and guilds nvq as this is more recognised. Correct me if Iam wrong,
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

abranch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carlos73
Hi
I was in the same boat as your husband, he needs to get in touch with a local collage an look at doing a nvq level 2 or 3. This takes round about 10 weeks to complete. He also needs to get a ref off his brother regarding training he recieved good luck.
Carl
Thankyou for the reply that may be quite awkward as we are living in Malaga Spain and I donot think there is any colleges out here to do the courses. We are really gutted as I wish we had done it last year as I had everything ready but we didnot get round to submit it. I really hope they bring back pathway D. Do you know of any other colleges in the Uk which do a fast track course where you can do it in a much shorter period than 10 weeks?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

You can do three week nvq level 2 plastering courses but you would have to check how recognised the quailication is.
I do not know if this is good enough for the TRA test - sorry.
One of the clever people on here sholud be able to help more.