Plant Operator Employment Websites

Old Aug 22nd 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

lkpay61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plant Operator Employment Websites

Hi,
I've heard there are websites offering Plant Operator jobs and sponsorship.
Anyone recommend sites.
Contact me asap please.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plant Operator Employment Websites

Try www.seek.com.au for jobs. I seriously doubt that you are going to find any of them broadcasting that they want to sponsor applicants from overseas. Most conmpanies avoid this if at all possible. Also note not every jon is eligible for sponsorship anyway, so you need to check the lists. There are links to them at the top of the forum.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. Can I ask how you got to Aus and what your occupation is?
We would love to live there. Don't qualify for skilled shortage list and thought we'd try employment sponsorship.
Thanks again.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I am an accountant and I applied for an independent skilled migrant visa, 175.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lkpay61
Hi,
I've heard there are websites offering Plant Operator jobs and sponsorship.
Anyone recommend sites.
Contact me asap please.
A few of my friends are Excavator & Front Loader Operators and they got sponsored but they are all Irish and they came on WHV first, not sure if there are any websites specifically for getting sponsoring operators but there are requirements for state/workcover tickets to operate plant. A lot of that type of work is recommendations from word of mouth.. still there are plenty of jobs advertised in the Daily Telegraph and Irish Echo... although not sure whether they will sponsor you first... I would say they prefer to try you out first before they go to the trouble of sponsoring.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. My husband has said he may have to go out and look for work first. Any suggestions for regions he should try? He has family in Queensland and Wollongong.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

are you thinking 457 Temporary sponsored or ENS Permanent sponsored?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Both I suppose. Just did an online WHV assess but my husband is too old at 42yrs! Don't know what to do now, any ideas?
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Both I suppose. Just did an online WHV assess but my husband is too old at 42yrs! Don't know what to do now, any ideas?
You have to be under 31 for the WHV.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

My husband has been working as a road/rail plant operator since he was 16yrs and is a qualified assessor too! He's always been asked for for jobs over here, comes highly recommended. Is he likely to get anywhere with so much experience?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

My husband has been working as a road/rail plant operator since he was 16yrs and is a qualified assessor too! He's always been asked for for jobs over here, comes highly recommended. Is he likely to get anywhere with so much experience?
Experience is certainly a big factor, but I am not sure that there would be enough of a demand for a small construction firm to take a punt on an operator they never seen before.

These bosses are your typical ganger's and old McAlpine fusilers.... they are not interested in whats on paper.... Still in fairness they are willing to give someone a start for 6 months and then talk about 4 year Temporary sponsorship. There are plenty of young bucks in their 20's and you would swear they drove out of the womb in an excavator and they are already working for these firms.... thats what your husband is competing with.

Still its work having a look at www.seek.com.au you never know when your luck is in.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Back at work now after hols. Laing O'Rourke, have you heard of them and what's the likelihood of getting sponsorship through them? We've just completed an online app and wondered if there was any chance of getting employment living in the UK.
What's your occupation? Hope I haven't asked you that question before.