Planning stage - wanting to move to WA

Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Specialk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning stage - wanting to move to WA

Hi there
Myself partner & our 2 children (aged 5 & 10) are wanting to move to WA in the future so currently finding out our options if any! I am a primary teacher with 4 years experience & my partner is a motor finance manager. I am aware that we are not on the SOL so am thinking of retraining to become an Early Years Teacher. I have a sponsor (my aunt lives in Perth) but realise this probably isn't helpful seeing as I am not on the SOL. From research there are a number of car dealers in Rockingham area (where we're looking to move) so wonder what the chance of my partner getting a job as he earns more than me. He is very experienced. We have even considered him going out there visiting the dealers introducing himself but don't know of this would be helpful. Like would it be possible to get a job offer (if we were lucky) then move over or do you need to be living there first and what visa is needed. I have looked at the visa websites but find it a tad confusing as there are so many different ones. Really just want some advice on our situation if anyone has been in a similar situation? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Kerry
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

ios_ghost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planning stage - wanting to move to WA

Originally Posted by Specialk22
Hi there
Myself partner & our 2 children (aged 5 & 10) are wanting to move to WA in the future so currently finding out our options if any! I am a primary teacher with 4 years experience & my partner is a motor finance manager. I am aware that we are not on the SOL so am thinking of retraining to become an Early Years Teacher. I have a sponsor (my aunt lives in Perth) but realise this probably isn't helpful seeing as I am not on the SOL. From research there are a number of car dealers in Rockingham area (where we're looking to move) so wonder what the chance of my partner getting a job as he earns more than me. He is very experienced. We have even considered him going out there visiting the dealers introducing himself but don't know of this would be helpful. Like would it be possible to get a job offer (if we were lucky) then move over or do you need to be living there first and what visa is needed. I have looked at the visa websites but find it a tad confusing as there are so many different ones. Really just want some advice on our situation if anyone has been in a similar situation? Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance
Kerry
Hello Kerry,

Wecolme in the BE family

How to start:
----------------
Choose an occuoation from SOL which has a best match with your occupation.Sometimes it can be an exact or close match.

Make a claculation of your total ponits.
You can do it in both ways (Considering you main applicant your partner as secondary applicant and viseversa)

You need atleast 60 points

********* Read A-Z of booklet-6*************

Which VISA:
---------------
First start study with 189 and 190 from skill select site.

Best of luck. . .

Keep in touch.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Aw thanks for being so welcoming! Will have a look at that as did it previously and it said I would pass. Will have a look again and see what type of visa it said I could qualify for : )
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Planning stage - wanting to move to WA

Hey there
Just had another look and based on my information it says I am eligible for 190 state sponsored visa (70 points) or 489 state sponsored visa (75 points). What's the difference please? I understand that the state sponsored part means I could only get this visa if that state sponsored me to get a teaching job there which I know ain't gonna happen anytime soon. So things just seem so out of reach getting disheartened. So does this mean that the only way we could move over would be if my partner was able, by way of a miracle, to secure employment prior to moving? It's so frustrating as being a teacher you can teach almost anywhere in the world except the place I would love to settle! 😬
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:27 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there
Just had another look and based on my information it says I am eligible for 190 state sponsored visa (70 points) or 489 state sponsored visa (75 points). What's the difference please? I understand that the state sponsored part means I could only get this visa if that state sponsored me to get a teaching job there which I know ain't gonna happen anytime soon. So things just seem so out of reach getting disheartened. So does this mean that the only way we could move over would be if my partner was able, by way of a miracle, to secure employment prior to moving? It's so frustrating as being a teacher you can teach almost anywhere in the world except the place I would love to settle! 😬
The 489 is a provisional visa. It is valid for up to four years, and after the requisite time living & working in a designated regional area (live for two years, work for one year), you could apply for an 887 (a permanent residence visa).

The 190 is a permanent residence visa. After you've done your two years living & working in the state you were sponsored by, you could live & work anywhere in the country.

Have you checked out the state migration plans on the various state websites to see if your skill is on any of them?
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Any idea where I find that please? Is it just a case of google search Western Australia migration or Rockingham? Clueless sorry! X
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Any idea where I find that please? Is it just a case of google search Western Australia migration or Rockingham? Clueless sorry! X
http://www.migration.wa.gov.au
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Planning stage - wanting to move to WA

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks loads. You guys are super helpful x 👍