Piece of string thread 2009-2010

Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: CSL applications

Originally Posted by Ethan2008
I would like to know how true that statement was.
As true as the statement made by some predictors that there will be an Armageddon by 2029.

Last edited by mpgrewal; Jul 26th 2009 at 6:21 am.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CSL applications

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
As true as the statement made by some predictors that there will be an Armageddon by 2029.
And I tried to measure a piece of string last night but it refused to stay still
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

melb3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non prioritised applications won't be looked at at least next 12 months???

Originally Posted by Sushi
Hi,

I applied for 175 non-MODL/CSL online in April 2008.

When I called DIAC in April 2009, they told me that I have to wait until next financial year(July 2009). Then I called them again the other day and was told that non-pripritised applications won't be looked at at least next 12 months.

So bacially non-prioritised applications will be on hold until economy picks up or something? They could say that we would have to wait another 12 months again when next financial year starts, I guess.

What a nightmare!

Is anyone here in the same situation????
whats ur nominated occupation? where r u from-highrisk country?
Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non prioritised applications won't be looked at at least next 12 months???

Several threads merged.......
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Order of CO Allocation?

Hi all,

Is anyone clearer on how CO's are allocated? I thought that cases would be allocated in the order that they were received, but this doesn't seem to be the case?

We applied in Aug 08 - CSL, LR - yet still no sign of a case officer. Is there a chance they prioritize based on occupation?? Or start on HR because they take longer?

I just don't get how 175 applicants that applied in Jan 09 already have their visas - great for them , but frustrating if like us you're ready to catch the next flight, have been waiting a year, and there's not even a flicker of hope on the horizon!

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Order of CO Allocation?

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Hi all,

Is anyone clearer on how CO's are allocated? I thought that cases would be allocated in the order that they were received, but this doesn't seem to be the case?

We applied in Aug 08 - CSL, LR - yet still no sign of a case officer. Is there a chance they prioritize based on occupation?? Or start on HR because they take longer?

I just don't get how 175 applicants that applied in Jan 09 already have their visas - great for them , but frustrating if like us you're ready to catch the next flight, have been waiting a year, and there's not even a flicker of hope on the horizon!

Thanks in advance
I saw from another of your posts that you are an accountant that had not done the IELTS (like me in fact). So really you have only been on the CSL since you did it in May. Did you send a PLE to notify them of the IELTS result? I hope it will not be too much longer for you.

I got my IELTS result yesterday but we have decided we are not bothered about speeding it up for personal reasons so I might not send my PLE just yet.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I saw from another of your posts that you are an accountant that had not done the IELTS (like me in fact). So really you have only been on the CSL since you did it in May. Did you send a PLE to notify them of the IELTS result? I hope it will not be too much longer for you.

I got my IELTS result yesterday but we have decided we are not bothered about speeding it up for personal reasons so I might not send my PLE just yet.

Yes my OH did the IELTS test in May, and both our agent and the DIAC have advised that we would still be processed as an August CSL applicant because we were still on CSL back then. They assured us that we wouldnt have "lost our place" and be processed as a May applicant. Seems to me that that could be the case though, as nothing else makes sense!?

Yip we put in a ple about 2 weeks ago and they requested we get a CO allocated...

Congrats on getting your IELTS result - lucky you not being in a rush, as that surely eases the pressure! Good luck!
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Sushi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melb3000
whats ur nominated occupation? where r u from-highrisk country?
Hi,

My nominated occupation is translator and I am from a low risk country.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Sushi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hull2perth
what visa is 175?
Hi,

175 is offshore skilled independent.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agents and PLE's

Originally Posted by aussies
Hi Folks,

Just curious with this question on mine.

I do not know if the migration agents ( MARA registered proper ones with experience and long sucessful clientile ) have some reluctancy from their side to lodge PLE's ? I have an agent and whenever I ask him to lodge a PLE he is a bit reluctant and ask to wait for some time. The reasons why I am asking to lodge a PLE are very genuine, per the inputs I have gained after reading article on the web, per the advise of other registered Agents, per the advise of senior experienced members in this forum. I know that raising PLE for trivial things which would get resolved as time passed is not the right way, but genuine matter it is better to have a PLE raised rather than sit idle.

Does raising PLE's diminishes the credibility of the agents ?

Also if one has an agent can then one raise a PLE directly or it has to be always through your agent any communication like PLE or emails/calls to DIAC ?

Also I have seen and heard from friends that many of the agents are so sweet to enroll you but after that kind of lacking the spirit. So many people do not pay the fees upfront but pay in parts based on various stages.

I mean no offense to any registered agents in this forum just posting this out of my curiosity to gather some views.

Thanks
Hey aussies,

your experience with your agent is soo similar to mine. i am a paper based 475 subclass relative sponsored nov 08 non csl and non modl applicant. sometime back i lodged the PLE with my mail ID asking "when will a CO be allocated for my case?". i got a reply telling me that i am not authorised to receive this reply. someone on this forum told me that i can give my agent's mail ID in the mail ID column of the PLE and ask my agent to forward DIAC's reply back to me. so i called my agent and told him about the PLE. my agent asked me to forward the PLE link(i was surprised with this response. he acted as if he didnt know how to lodge a PLE!!). i forwarded the link. i have called him 4-5 times after that and he says that he will ask his PA to reply to my mail, but till now he hasnt replied. my agent is trustworthy. he has sent nearly 150 of my friends or friend's friends to aus. so this attitude with regards to the lodgement of PLE is baffling. what can be the exact reason for this??
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vandm
my agent is trustworthy. he has sent nearly 150 of my friends or friend's friends to aus.
Your agent didn't send anyone to Australia. They were granted visas by DIAC.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by vandm
Hey aussies,

your experience with your agent is soo similar to mine. i am a paper based 475 subclass relative sponsored nov 08 non csl and non modl applicant. sometime back i lodged the PLE with my mail ID asking "when will a CO be allocated for my case?". i got a reply telling me that i am not authorised to receive this reply. someone on this forum told me that i can give my agent's mail ID in the mail ID column of the PLE and ask my agent to forward DIAC's reply back to me. so i called my agent and told him about the PLE. my agent asked me to forward the PLE link(i was surprised with this response. he acted as if he didnt know how to lodge a PLE!!). i forwarded the link. i have called him 4-5 times after that and he says that he will ask his PA to reply to my mail, but till now he hasnt replied. my agent is trustworthy. he has sent nearly 150 of my friends or friend's friends to aus. so this attitude with regards to the lodgement of PLE is baffling. what can be the exact reason for this??
WIth all due respect, I sympathise with your agent. What on earth is the the point of sending a PLE asking when you will get a case officer? You'd be more likely to get an answer to the old "how long is a ptece of string" question! With people asking unanswerable questions like that its no wonder the system struggles to cope an replies are slow.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Bump
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Your agent didn't send anyone to Australia. They were granted visas by DIAC.
is that a joke?
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:13 am
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aussies
Hi Folks,

Just curious with this question on mine.

I do not know if the migration agents ( MARA registered proper ones with experience and long sucessful clientile ) have some reluctancy from their side to lodge PLE's ? I have an agent and whenever I ask him to lodge a PLE he is a bit reluctant and ask to wait for some time. The reasons why I am asking to lodge a PLE are very genuine, per the inputs I have gained after reading article on the web, per the advise of other registered Agents, per the advise of senior experienced members in this forum. I know that raising PLE for trivial things which would get resolved as time passed is not the right way, but genuine matter it is better to have a PLE raised rather than sit idle.

Does raising PLE's diminishes the credibility of the agents ?

Also if one has an agent can then one raise a PLE directly or it has to be always through your agent any communication like PLE or emails/calls to DIAC ?

Also I have seen and heard from friends that many of the agents are so sweet to enroll you but after that kind of lacking the spirit. So many people do not pay the fees upfront but pay in parts based on various stages.

I mean no offense to any registered agents in this forum just posting this out of my curiosity to gather some views.

Thanks
Agents are reluctant to send PLE's .. probably cuz I guess they are used to clients gettin impatient and repeatedly requesting PLE's be sent to find out status of their case which probaby doesn't help at all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.