Picking visa up from AHC London

Old Oct 4th 2002, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

geehaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picking visa up from AHC London

Hello,

I'm now in a position to go and pick up my PR visa from AHC London (Grant letter issued mid Sept). Does anybody know if they issue the visa there and then or do they need to keep my passport and return via post? The reason I ask is I need it for business travel thus cannot really be without it.

Cheers,

Geehaf.
Old Oct 5th 2002, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

wannabee sheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Picking visa up from AHC London

Hi Geehaf

Congratulations on being accepted. Great feeling is'nt it. Whereare you hading? We are off to Brisbne in 30 days.

We also picked our visas up in person, didn't want to risk the post. We arrived there at 8.30 and there were already about 60 people in front of us, so get there early. Inside your given a number, like at the deli counter and wait your turn, then they stick the visas in there and then. After an 18 month wait we expected a trumpet fanfare, ticker tape or something but its actually a bit of an anticlimax. Still we got what we went for and had a good day in london, celebrating with a slap up brekie and a visit to the National Gallery.
Anyway good luck with your life down under.
Karen
Old Oct 5th 2002, 1:33 pm
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Picking visa up from AHC London

Originally posted by geehaf:
Hello,

I'm now in a position to go and pick up my PR visa from AHC London (Grant letter issued mid Sept). Does anybody know if they issue the visa there and then or do they need to keep my passport and return via post? The reason I ask is I need it for business travel thus cannot really be without it.

Cheers,

Geehaf.
congrats!!

Lucky so and soo - how long have you been waiting?

I take it the Grant letter is another form of acceptance?

Have a good day in London and enjoy your new life!!!

Cheers simone
Old Oct 11th 2002, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

geehaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Picking visa up from AHC London

Thanks for your advice - did the deed this morning and it was exactly as you described! I wanted to walk up to the counter and ask for 1/2 lb of smoked bacon and 2 onion bargies...It really is just like a deli counter! Visas now stuck in passports and off to Oz on 24th Oct to validate before 1/11/2002! Just hols at first then jet out early next year to settle...scary.

Not 100% sure where we will settle yet but will certainly be on the east side...Brisbane or Melbourne are looking like hot favourites right now.

Cheers

Geehaf