photos for british passports

Old May 19th 2009, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

wanderer1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default photos for british passports

Not sure if I am posting in right place..

We need to renew our passports and have been told by the post office that the dimensions may not be the correct size for a british passport, so just wondered if anyone else had come across this and where do you go to have your photos taken then??

Many thanks
Old May 19th 2009, 8:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: photos for british passports

Originally Posted by wanderer1970

We need to renew our passports and have been told by the post office that the dimensions may not be the correct size for a british passport, so just wondered if anyone else had come across this and where do you go to have your photos taken then??

Many thanks
http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/p...g-in-australia has all the info required.

Here is a list of photographers that know how to take the appopriate style of photo http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/p.../photographers
Old May 19th 2009, 8:35 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wanderer1970

Many thanks
We got our Aussie passports recently and had a bit of a trial getting the photos right. Ended up in a place in Bull Creek that knew exactly what to do. Whilst this doesn't help with UK passports, if you could find out the relevant dimensions of the photos needed, I'm sure they could help.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NB but list is only cities.
I need to do the kids passports ready for our ENS application.

When I got my last UK passport (2years ago).
I used my own digital camera and they accepted it! However very worried about doing this when Im about to do an ENS, I dont want any hold ups.

Whats the problems with post office?

Gems
Old May 19th 2009, 10:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
Gems
Wife renewed her passport using photos from Auspost.

Take http://www.ips.gov.uk/passport/downloads/photos.pdf with you.

Ian
Old May 19th 2009, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I used my own digital camera and they accepted it! However very worried about doing this when Im about to do an ENS, I dont want any hold ups.

Gems
The post office takes pics to comply with Aus standards which are different from UK standards. You can strike lucky but they arent obliged to get them to the UK size.

Someone on here did post a link to a d-i-y site for UK photos though. Might have been this one http://www.epassportphoto.com/ Not tried it myself as we have a local camera shop which can do compliant ones
Old May 20th 2009, 3:06 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You should not delay an ENS application for this reason. They only need a valid passport at date of grant of visa.
Old May 25th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

JAJ,
3 childrens UK passports run out in August,
1 child passport runs out in December.

Adult passports have years left on them.

ENS nomination sent to immigration a couple of weeks ago by DET (hubby a teacher).

So expecting to do our forms start of July, and should have police checks and medicals to submit with our form.

*Do I need to renew all passports before I submit the ENS application?
Or because Im onshore already I can do passports at a later date (to save some money)
We are in Australia for last two year and not planning on trip abroad for long time. So otherwise in no rush to renew passports when I have to pay for visa and medicals for 6 of us.

Gems
Old May 25th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bumping this for JAJ to answer.

Thanks
Old May 26th 2009, 12:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

JAJ,
3 childrens UK passports run out in August,
*Do I need to renew all passports before I submit the ENS application?
Or because Im onshore already I can do passports at a later date (to save some money)
We are in Australia for last two year and not planning on trip abroad for long time. So otherwise in no rush to renew passports when I have to pay for visa and medicals for 6 of us.

Gems
Once again. A valid passport is not required to make a valid application for an ENS visa. If you don't believe me, you need to start looking through Schedule 1 of the Migration Regulations 1994, available at http://www.comlaw.gov.au
Old May 26th 2009, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this info, just trying to get the wife's passport renewed before the changes on 2nd June.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks JAJ,

I do believe you. Just wanted to double check, after 2 years on 457 want this ENS to go through smoothly. So thanks for getting back to me.

Gems
Old May 26th 2009, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

Thanks JAJ,

I do believe you. Just wanted to double check, after 2 years on 457 want this ENS to go through smoothly. So thanks for getting back to me.

Gems
But valid passports will be needed at time visa is granted.
Old May 26th 2009, 12:18 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

I had my daughter's photo for a British Passport renewal done in Kmart - wasn't the exact UK dimensions - head was a bit bigger but it went through with no problems - maybe I just struck lucky!
Old May 26th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
I had my daughter's photo for a British Passport renewal done in Kmart - wasn't the exact UK dimensions - head was a bit bigger but it went through with no problems - maybe I just struck lucky!
No doubt we would get some jobs worth that would knock it back, just so that we have to re-apply again through Aus Post.