Wikiposts

phoned TRA

Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Default phoned TRA

hi guys

called tra this morning.

first got the answer message again, so i went away and searched the website thinking that i may have called the wrong helpline number.

on establishing that the number was right, hubby called again and got through to be held in que.

lady answering phone took his details, he advised it was priority and had so far taken 20 weeks, after going away and doing some reasearch (apparently!) she came back on the line to advise us it was being assessed and would be with us in the next month!

a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't know what i will do if he fails it, not sure i could stand an appeal!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:37 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: phoned TRA

Originally Posted by moomin
hi guys

called tra this morning.

first got the answer message again, so i went away and searched the website thinking that i may have called the wrong helpline number.

on establishing that the number was right, hubby called again and got through to be held in que.

lady answering phone took his details, he advised it was priority and had so far taken 20 weeks, after going away and doing some reasearch (apparently!) she came back on the line to advise us it was being assessed and would be with us in the next month!

a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't know what i will do if he fails it, not sure i could stand an appeal!

Hi
Be postive. I know its easy said then done but I would advice to hold on to your good spirit and things will come positive.

A month is long time but shorter than 20weeks

Cheers
Badri
Old Aug 31st 2004, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

thanks badri

i think i had just convinced myself we were overdue and expected them to say it should be with us any day.

you are right, four weeks should be a doddle after waiting 20 : )
Old Aug 31st 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moomin
thanks badri

i think i had just convinced myself we were overdue and expected them to say it should be with us any day.

you are right, four weeks should be a doddle after waiting 20 : )

Hi moomin

We rang TRA and emailed them and they said it was still being assessed. Others have also had this standard reply and then within a couple of days they have got the result.

I was told 6 weeks before I got mine that it would be with us within the fortnight.

It is frustrating, I know I've been there, but hang on in there as I'm sure it'll be only a few days now.

Graham
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=moomin]hi guys

Hi Moomin

As I said in my reply to davegreen, I am getting really concerned re the time TRA are taking to assess fast tracked applications. They seem to be taking their time and not getting the work assessed within their so called timescales and just giving people the same answer when they phone.

Anyway I'm sure you will get the response you want soon.

Jan
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:14 pm
joveazey

Wink Re: phoned TRA

Hi,
Don't despair ! I phoned on a Monday and got exactly the same response as you. She said it had been looked at and we should hear something within 2 weeks. The following Tuesday it arrived at my agent's office so it could well have already been in the post when I phoned. This is a standard reply I think, to stop everyone phoning. I bet you get it by the end of next week. Fingers and toes crossed.

Jo

Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

cheers guys

just can't seem to predict what is going on with them?! i asked hubby to ask if it had been processed priority but he forgot!

was tempted to send an email aswell (they did not respond to last one) but then decided against it. i am just going to let it run it's course and see what happens.

like you say gravyman, now that i have given them a nudge maybe i will hear sooner rather than later, heres hoping anyhow!!

moomin
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:37 pm
joveazey

Wink Re: phoned TRA

I sent an email and got a standard response - I also phoned and pretended to be the agent (agent was on hols) and STILL got standard response !! I would just wait..................... what will be will be.

Jo

Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

sooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the roughsooz&abby is a jewel in the rough

what a nightmare! as everyone says im sure you'll hear really soon...

i sent my application off on april 15th 04 and emailed them about when i'd receive some feedback last week... they just replied that standard applications are taking 6 months so we're now looking at October! so much for it being 3 months.

im beginning we'd paid more money to get it processed a lot quicker :-(

also can i ask.. how come everyone gets the champagne out when they get the ok with their qualifications? surely its not a yes till the visa actually comes through?? but surely you dont want to get all escstatic about it then be let down with say the medicals... sorry about being sooo pessimistic :-)
hehe
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:26 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: phoned TRA

Dont talk to me about TRA!!

I emailed them last week (23rd) to ask if they had received our app as heard nothing.

Had an email this Monday saying they had already written to us to ask for a further $15 as we had underpaid - dont know how as we paid all fees etc.

Then lo and behold a letter has arrived today dated 26th (Monday!) saying that we underpaid by $15.

I have already transferred the money so may ring them on Friday morning to make sure as I trust nothing now...
Old Sep 1st 2004, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joveazey
I sent an email and got a standard response - I also phoned and pretended to be the agent (agent was on hols) and STILL got standard response !! I would just wait..................... what will be will be.

Jo
LOL, i remember reading your post jo, it really made me laugh, i bet you were horrified when you got the same girl answer the phone!!

the tra seems quite a hurdle, the rest of the process seems more transparent i think, you know if you have a criminal record or most medical problems and dimma will communicate with you for missing info etc.

i will no doubt be fretting about the whole process but in posts where people reflect back, the TRA does seem to cause a large proportion of their concern!

good luck all : )