had one quote and it was £2,500-

Any ideas or suggestions welcome

Thanks in advance

Steph

--
Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Derek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura aboutDerek Clarke has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: pets?

Originally Posted by Stephanie981
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is planning to (or already has) take their pets
with them when they emigrate?

Can anyone reccommend anything to make this process any easier. We have

Thanks in advance

Steph

--

Steph,

We came out with our dog, she is 2 years old. Everything was fine we paid about 1800 pounds with golden arrow. We had no problem, there are other costs vets fees about 150 pounds and qquarantineabout $800.

Derek
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:01 pm
Stephanie981

> Hi all,
    > Just wondering if anyone is planning to (or already has) take their
    > pets with them when they emigrate?
    > Can anyone reccommend anything to make this process any easier. We
    > have had one quote and it was £2,500-
    > Any ideas or suggestions welcome
    > Thanks in advance
    > Steph

thanks for your reply... I really want to take her. My husband doesn't
think that it's such a good idea. He thinks that it's too expensive and
that we can't guarantee that she'll be ok with the long flight.

Thanks again

Steph

--

Old Nov 8th 2005, 5:44 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Steph

--

We are taking our dog after a lot of consideration. My son wouldn't have it any other way!!

We had a quote from golden arrow for my six year old Lab and they have been fantastic. Okay it's costing about 2.5K but well worth it in my opinion. Our dog is quite stressy too..even hates car journeys! You will find that you will get more stressed about the whole situation more than the dog. I am really glad we made the decision to take him - all the fun and companionship he's given us over the years is well worth the money!

I have a horse too, but unfortunately he's too old to take!

Good luck....
Old Nov 8th 2005, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Steph

--
Hi Steph, we're off early next year and had decided early on that we would take our dog. We're in Ireland and have really struggled to find a pet transport company from here. Only found 1 Irish that quoted €3,500 - my husband nearly had a fit. I did get an English company to quote from Dublin though (could only find 1) and that quote came in about €1,000 cheaper (about £1,750). She is certainly not a pedigree, but we just couldn't leave her, especially for the kids. We're hoping we might get an extra couple of grand for the house that we're not expecting.......... (Need to find someone who wants to buy it first) Michelle
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:45 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
Hi Steph, we're off early next year and had decided early on that we would take our dog. We're in Ireland and have really struggled to find a pet transport company from here. Only found 1 Irish that quoted €3,500 - my husband nearly had a fit. I did get an English company to quote from Dublin though (could only find 1) and that quote came in about €1,000 cheaper (about £1,750). She is certainly not a pedigree, but we just couldn't leave her, especially for the kids. We're hoping we might get an extra couple of grand for the house that we're not expecting.......... (Need to find someone who wants to buy it first) Michelle
any way you yourselves can take doggie to the UK or NI and get it moved from there? would that be cheaper/easier?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
any way you yourselves can take doggie to the UK or NI and get it moved from there? would that be cheaper/easier?
No - 'fraid not - dog has to be resident in country of origin for six months before export......... Am doing as much myself as I can though - got permit by fax this morning and have ordered our own dog box-type thing, so have shaved a couple of hundred pounds off quote already. Michelle
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:42 pm
Not a happy SIR holder

Your husbands right. Not because of the flight... It's because this is a
very pet un-friendly country. Pets will severly limit where you can live.
We're paying double for rent because of the bloody cats.
"stephanie981" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected].. .
    >> Hi all,
    >> Just wondering if anyone is planning to (or already has) take their
    >> pets with them when they emigrate?
    >> Can anyone reccommend anything to make this process any easier. We
    >> have had one quote and it was £2,500-
    >> Any ideas or suggestions welcome
    >> Thanks in advance
    >> Steph
    > thanks for your reply... I really want to take her. My husband doesn't
    > think that it's such a good idea. He thinks that it's too expensive and
    > that we can't guarantee that she'll be ok with the long flight.
    > Thanks again
    > Steph
    > --
    > Posted via http://expatforums.com

Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:23 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
No - 'fraid not - dog has to be resident in country of origin for six months before export......... Am doing as much myself as I can though - got permit by fax this morning and have ordered our own dog box-type thing, so have shaved a couple of hundred pounds off quote already. Michelle

Sorry to hear Michelle.
Here's a few links that I found useful - http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...9A2CA3B13296C8

http://www.australia-migration.com/p...rting_pets/324
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Welshie
We are taking our dog after a lot of consideration. My son wouldn't have it any other way!!

We had a quote from golden arrow for my six year old Lab and they have been fantastic. Okay it's costing about 2.5K but well worth it in my opinion. Our dog is quite stressy too..even hates car journeys! You will find that you will get more stressed about the whole situation more than the dog. I am really glad we made the decision to take him - all the fun and companionship he's given us over the years is well worth the money!

I have a horse too, but unfortunately he's too old to take!

Good luck....
Is that too old as a personal opinion, or is there actually legislation in this area? I can see my wife wanting to take our cat, but she'll be 18 by then. (The cat, not the wife...)
Old Nov 9th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that and good luck with 136! Michelle
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:00 am
womble

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
Is that too old as a personal opinion, or is there actually legislation in this area? I can see my wife wanting to take our cat, but she'll be 18 by then. (The cat, not the wife...)
have you checked with the vet?
goodness, that's going to be a hard decision - 18 years.... oh my
Old Nov 9th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: pets?

have you checked with the vet?
goodness, that's going to be a hard decision - 18 years.... oh my
Of course she might not make it that far...

Call me a hard, callous b*st*rd if you like.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:08 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
He's 28 - old and grumpy! No vet would deem him fit to travel. And the fact that it costs about quadruple the dogs fare is another factor!! Arrrr

Awww poor cat...she's getting on a bit then (the cat that is)!
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:43 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Steph

--

Steph, I might have some information on quarantine and procedures on my hard drive.

If I can find it I shall post it.

Lots of different shipping companies and quotes do vary.

I know of Airpets Oceanic as one of the vets I worked for use to use them but that was a while ago.

If I can find my info, I will post it for you.

Samantha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.