Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

'Permanent' clause missing from reference letter ? will it create problem ?

'Permanent' clause missing from reference letter ? will it create problem ?

Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default 'Permanent' clause missing from reference letter ? will it create problem ?

Hello mates,

I got through a very tough phase for getting employer reference letter for ACS asessment. While reading the following DIAC link i found out that i can re-use same letters for VISA application too...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm

My letters follow all their requirements given in that link, except 2 of them don't mentioned the position as 'Permanent' or 'Temporary'. Yet it is clearly mentioned in those letters that i was full time employee working 40 hrs per week.

Will that 'Permanent' or 'Temporary' thing missing in my letter cause any serious problem ?

Please share thoughts.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice
Default Re: 'Permanent' clause missing from reference letter ? will it create problem ?

Originally Posted by oliman
Hello mates,

I got through a very tough phase for getting employer reference letter for ACS asessment. While reading the following DIAC link i found out that i can re-use same letters for VISA application too...

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...experience.htm

My letters follow all their requirements given in that link, except 2 of them don't mentioned the position as 'Permanent' or 'Temporary'. Yet it is clearly mentioned in those letters that i was full time employee working 40 hrs per week.

Will that 'Permanent' or 'Temporary' thing missing in my letter cause any serious problem ?

Please share thoughts.
The acs might ask for more information on this, because there is a requirement acs need to know about ft or pt
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default Re: 'Permanent' clause missing from reference letter ? will it create problem ?

but i already mentioned that all the letters contain full-time/part time clause...only 2 out of 3 dont mention the permanent/temporary word...will that still create problem
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

but i already mentioned that all the letters contain full-time/part time clause...only 2 out of 3 dont mention the permanent/temporary word...will that still create problem

read my last reply, whatever doc that does not have the employment status will require more information.. not matter if 2 out of 3 have the employment mode. As they count the years
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:37 pm
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all

Given that the references are otherwise ok, and that they were tough to get by as you mention, I would personally use them as they are. ACS/DIAC ought to contact you If any questions arise. Actually, I believe that some of my own references had the same omission and that didn't cause any problems that I am aware of, but that was a couple of years back.

From ACS/DIAC's point of view, I would guess that the issue of permanent vs temporary is most most important for the current position, and less so for previous ones. So if you want to play it a bit safer, you might wish to update at least the reference letter for your current position. Good luck!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by >40
Given that the references are otherwise ok, and that they were tough to get by as you mention, I would personally use them as they are. ACS/DIAC ought to contact you If any questions arise. Actually, I believe that some of my own references had the same omission and that didn't cause any problems that I am aware of, but that was a couple of years back.

From ACS/DIAC's point of view, I would guess that the issue of permanent vs temporary is most most important for the current position, and less so for previous ones. So if you want to play it a bit safer, you might wish to update at least the reference letter for your current position. Good luck!
>40,

You really got me out of my tension. A very detailed and positive reply from you and it really calmed me out of my panicky. I shall get that corrected for my current employer reference letter at least.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by >40

I agree with >40 in full.

No need to go through a painful process again. The fulltime clause is sufficient, in combination with a begin / end date or total duration. It does not matter at all if a job was permanent or temporarily, the only thing that the ACS must be able to determine is how long you were in a job role. They will ask you for more information if that cannot be easily calculated.

Cheers Sylvia