Perm res. - birth certificate?

Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mary is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Perm res. - birth certificate?

Hello all
First of all this is the first time I posted on the Australia Immigration. My fiancé and I originally wanted to move to the States, but due to the visa restriction, I have been offered a job, but he can’t come in and work (we are due to get married earlier next year). Since then, he has told me he would like to move to Australia (he has a few friends out there, and it would be easier for him to get a job, he works in IT). A few of my colleagues (I am an audit manager for an accountancy firm), moved to Australia recently on a work permit (not permanent residence), but I think we will have to look at the permanent residence so he can work. A couple of friends in Australia said that companies would only consider my fiancé’s CV if he had permanent residence. So I have the form and together we have more than enough points (In fact, we both have enough points each). The only problem on the form is my birth certificate. The form states that they want a birth certificate with both your parents names on it. I know that I can’t get this (When we were looking at getting married, there were a few countries we could not get married in as I did not have this birth certificate). I can get a birth certificate saying that I was born, but no parents names… I am worried we will have to give Australia a miss if we don’t have this…
Also, I heard that permanent residence applications take about 50 weeks.. Is this about right?
Thank you all.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

Chapman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Perm res. - birth certificate?

Hi Mary,

In answer to the length of time for Perm Res Visas. We used an agent and have just been asked to submit meds and police checks. We started the procedure in Feb this year. The meds etc.. are now with the Dimia in Oz and i've been advised by my agent that the decision could take another 8 - 10 weeks!!! So work that one out it is a long process and very stressful at times. If you do go for it be prepared for a long wait it relly does press your patience. At the stagw we're at now we just want an answer we were hoping to activate the visa mid Dec, but at this rate not sure if we'll get a flight if we leave it until that late?!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 3:03 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perm res. - birth certificate?

Hi Mary

I'm sure you can't be the first to have this problem with a birth certificate. Have you tried talking to an immigration agent for advise on the issue? I'm sure there must be an easy answer but not being an agent I wouldn't know what that answer is.

Perhaps try PMing George Lombard or one of the other agents that frequent this forum.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Mary
Hello all
First of all this is the first time I posted on the Australia Immigration. My fiancé and I originally wanted to move to the States, but due to the visa restriction, I have been offered a job, but he can’t come in and work (we are due to get married earlier next year). Since then, he has told me he would like to move to Australia (he has a few friends out there, and it would be easier for him to get a job, he works in IT). A few of my colleagues (I am an audit manager for an accountancy firm), moved to Australia recently on a work permit (not permanent residence), but I think we will have to look at the permanent residence so he can work. A couple of friends in Australia said that companies would only consider my fiancé’s CV if he had permanent residence. So I have the form and together we have more than enough points (In fact, we both have enough points each). The only problem on the form is my birth certificate. The form states that they want a birth certificate with both your parents names on it. I know that I can’t get this (When we were looking at getting married, there were a few countries we could not get married in as I did not have this birth certificate). I can get a birth certificate saying that I was born, but no parents names… I am worried we will have to give Australia a miss if we don’t have this…
Also, I heard that permanent residence applications take about 50 weeks.. Is this about right?
Thank you all.
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:51 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perm res. - birth certificate?

Originally Posted by Mary
Hello all
Thank you all.

Hi Mary,

Yes, email me on george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au . There are procedures available for working around this issue but as you've sensibly concealed information about your circumstances, I can't answer them here.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au