Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

PCC from Saudi Arabia, if you already exited the saudi arabia

PCC from Saudi Arabia, if you already exited the saudi arabia

Old May 4th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PCC from Saudi Arabia, if you already exited the saudi arabia

Hi All,

Does any body knows or have taken PCC from saudi arabia while you already left saudi arabia on final exit (means dont have valid saudi Iqama).?

If yes, kindly share the procdure.

Regards
Old May 4th 2010, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: PCC from Saudi Arabia, if you already exited the saudi arabia

I dont know at all, but maybe this will help to find out. There is somewhere on www.immi.gov.au a link where you find a list of who to contact in all countries of the world, alphabetically listed. And it also provides information about who to contact as citizen, non-citizen, residing and non-residing and so on. There you will at least find an address and there they then will probably will be able to help you.
Old May 4th 2010, 11:11 am
Just Joined

gluke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by musicalfever4
I dont know at all, but maybe this will help to find out. There is somewhere on www.immi.gov.au a link where you find a list of who to contact in all countries of the world, alphabetically listed. And it also provides information about who to contact as citizen, non-citizen, residing and non-residing and so on. There you will at least find an address and there they then will probably will be able to help you.
Its mentioned as following in the Immi Document.

Note: Non-residents – once a person has left Saudi
Arabia no procedures exist to obtain a Certificate

I think its better to update the same to CO or call someone in DIAC and get a response on this.
Old May 4th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gluke
Its mentioned as following in the Immi Document.

Note: Non-residents – once a person has left Saudi
Arabia no procedures exist to obtain a Certificate

I think its better to update the same to CO or call someone in DIAC and get a response on this.
Yes, gluke, I read this but does any body had similiar situation before and share some advise about it.?

deos DIAC exemp the PCC from saudi arabia,if person has left the saudi arabia.?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by remo
Yes, gluke, I read this but does any body had similiar situation before and share some advise about it.?

Hi Remo, did you get a response to this yet?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If it is impossible to obtain the pcc then you nedd to contact your CIO and tell them why you cannot provide it. They will be aware of this situation as it is the same for several countries and you will not be the first person with the problem. Doesn't matter if anyone else on the forum has been in the situation, just contact you CO and refer them to the DIAC document.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

No PCC is possible from Saudi once you have left. I understand DIAC are aware of this. What we did was obtain a letter from the British Consulate in Jeddah stating that my wife TO THEIR knowledge had never been in trouble with the police etc. since if she had been charged etc. they would have been informed [They were very helpful and it was all done via email]. We then got that letter stamped by the Foreign Office in London and then by the Saudi Embassy in London [god knows why]. At this point DIAC accepted that as adequate proof.

if you cannot do similar with your own embassy in the Kingdom then I understand you may need to do a statuatory declaration but I'm not certain of that.

As I said though we were told 5 years ago that DIAC knew this situation occurred with expats who had spent time in Saudi and it wasn't a show-stopper BUT every case is different and the fact that we could obtain all this information from the British Government may have been the decider.