Wikiposts

PCC and Meds upfront??

Old Dec 14th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

ripcantrell will become famous soon enough
Default PCC and Meds upfront??

Had poz TRA and booked meds this week for Jan '08. Need to apply for PCC and just applied on-line for visa. Am I doing th right thing getting meds sorted before getting CO and being requested? Any advice please
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCC and Meds upfront??

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
Had poz TRA and booked meds this week for Jan '08. Need to apply for PCC and just applied on-line for visa. Am I doing th right thing getting meds sorted before getting CO and being requested? Any advice please

Which visa are you applying for?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

I'm applying for 175 visa
Old Dec 14th 2007, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ripcantrell
I'm applying for 175 visa
From what I can gather from on here, you are supposed to send in your meds and PCC's within 28 days of applying (if online) I think they send you an e-mail when you've applied? - so I don't think you are jumping the gun so to speak and it should be fine.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

You can do them when you apply (front-loading) or you can wait for the case officer to ask for them when they're happy with the rest of the application.

Whichever decision you make, just remember that the medical results and police checks are all valid for 12 months and must still be valid when you enter Australia for the first time on your new visa. If your visa takes, say, 10 months to process, you might only have 2 months to get here. If that's not a problem then go for it.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:40 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AHamm
You can do them when you apply (front-loading) or you can wait for the case officer to ask for them when they're happy with the rest of the application.

Whichever decision you make, just remember that the medical results and police checks are all valid for 12 months and must still be valid when you enter Australia for the first time on your new visa. If your visa takes, say, 10 months to process, you might only have 2 months to get here. If that's not a problem then go for it.
We are currently waiting for hubbys IELTS result so we can apply for the 175 visa so we've not actually booked the medicals yet (sent off the PNC checks last month), we'll be arranging it as soon as we know about the IELTS score. I've had a look where the panel doctors are on the immigration website and i'm a bit confused about the following quote on their website:

"In most cases, you should attend a panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the panel doctor will refer you to a panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of panel radiologists."

From reading the various threads on here it sounds like everyone has the x-ray done, do you think this is just precautionary to avoid delay in the event one is actually required?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
We are currently waiting for hubbys IELTS result so we can apply for the 175 visa so we've not actually booked the medicals yet (sent off the PNC checks last month), we'll be arranging it as soon as we know about the IELTS score. I've had a look where the panel doctors are on the immigration website and i'm a bit confused about the following quote on their website:

"In most cases, you should attend a panel doctor first and, if an x-ray is required, the panel doctor will refer you to a panel radiologist. In some cases, however, you will be advised by the department that only a radiological examination is required for your visa application. In these instances, the department will supply you with a list of panel radiologists."

From reading the various threads on here it sounds like everyone has the x-ray done, do you think this is just precautionary to avoid delay in the event one is actually required?
All applicants aged 11 and over will need a chest x-ray, so I recommend getting it done.

Anne
Old Dec 14th 2007, 10:52 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be arranging it all next week.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for info, we booked x-rays too for our kids as over 11. Thought about doing IELTS to boost points but lodged app now. Can I do ielts after and add it to appl?
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Do you have 120 points without? If so then probably no need.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

i do have 120 without but thought extra 15 might bag it for definate. just geting paranoid i think 'cos the processs has just started.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If your eligibility for the points you've claimed is well documented then it won't help your application and you're just adding to your stress levels (not to mention the costs!).