PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Great_Jambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting PCC in India

Hi,

Need some guidance for getting PCC in India. From where to start and what are the steps involved & time lines.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:34 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting PCC in India

Originally Posted by Great_Jambo
Hi,

Need some guidance for getting PCC in India. From where to start and what are the steps involved & time lines.

Thanks in advance.
Three threads merged, read back through the answers above you.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: Getting PCC in India

Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Approach your regional passport office (From where your passport issued) the passport) and fill the misc. form attach Copies and Original passport and pay INR 300. You will get it in a day or two
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Great_Jambo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC from India

thanks a ton for your help. I checked many PCC forums, but couldn't find any specific to India.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a ton for your help. I checked many PCC forums, but couldn't find any specific to India.
Logically enough, the info on police checks for Australian Immigration is on the Australian Immigration website.
Start here and it will take you to a form with details on how to obtain police checks for all countries.
http://www.immi.gov.au/faq/general/general04.htm#q5
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:27 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

I am working in Bangalore, but I intend to get my PCC from the Cochin RPO ( In Kerala) from where my passport was issued
Can anybody please tell whether I have to fill Personal Particulars (PP) form along with Form 2 or I can submit just Form 2.....

Because if I have to fill only Form2 then I think I will get the PCC faster, but if I have to fill Personal Particulars form, then I have to furnish the Bangalore adress and details also.That will make the issue of PCC get delayed.

So anybody please tell whether Personal Particulars form is required ( I have heard that it is only required while applying for a new Passport)

@ aman, Shiva...wud appreciate if u could reply

Thanks
Ajit
Old Jun 6th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ajt
I am working in Bangalore, but I intend to get my PCC from the Cochin RPO ( In Kerala) from where my passport was issued
Can anybody please tell whether I have to fill Personal Particulars (PP) form along with Form 2 or I can submit just Form 2.....

Because if I have to fill only Form2 then I think I will get the PCC faster, but if I have to fill Personal Particulars form, then I have to furnish the Bangalore adress and details also.That will make the issue of PCC get delayed.

So anybody please tell whether Personal Particulars form is required ( I have heard that it is only required while applying for a new Passport)

@ aman, Shiva...wud appreciate if u could reply

Thanks
Ajit
For PCC ( Indian Nationals applying from INDIA) you need to present in the RPO (Where your passport is issued ) with misc.service from + INR 300+Passport copies+ Original Passport as simpe is that.

You will get in a day in my experience from chennai RPO . It may take few more days in other RPOs depends on crowd.

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/miscell.pdf ( This is called as form No: 2 also)

If you go to other RPO's your are delaying your procedure. No body asks my present address . Dont make things complicated. Dont need to fill any other form apart from Form 2. I got PCC two times in chennai RPO in a day and even in Zambia for OZ (Just in a day)

This my personal opinion you know situation in India if you approch other RPOs again they will start police checks from the scratch. It could be month who knows how our cops are working

Last edited by helloshivahere; Jun 6th 2009 at 9:13 am.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 12:41 pm
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: PCC time frame in India

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
So means I have to apply through BLR passport office only? means I should not go to Jalandhar?

Please advise guys....
Hey you dont need to go to Jalndhar to get u r PCC.
u can get it done in B'lore itself.
Our passports are from Bnaglaore and kolkata, but we are in Chennai,
we got our PCC in 1 day's time from Chennai RPO.. .

so chill.. no need to get u r pcc from u r home town.

Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PCC time frame in India

Guys here is the update!!

I got my PCC today .

Now will go for medicals in 3-4 days time...

Then will upload everything ...Then wait for visa will be started!!

Thanks to everyone who helped me in knowing the procedure for getting PCC....

Originally Posted by divsman
Hey you dont need to go to Jalndhar to get u r PCC.
u can get it done in B'lore itself.
Our passports are from Bnaglaore and kolkata, but we are in Chennai,
we got our PCC in 1 day's time from Chennai RPO.. .

so chill.. no need to get u r pcc from u r home town.

Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

I got my PCC today .

All the best my medicals done as well as PCC from India and Nigeria too.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

wannamailabhi is an unknown quantity at this point

I got my PCC today .

Hi Aman,

Could you please tell me, did u have to go to PC office in Infantry Road and follow up, so that they send the documents to RPO?

I have already been called by the local police station, shelled out the money to the guy, but came to know they havent sent it to the PC office. I visited the PStation again today, and was told it will be sent to the PC office today.

How long would it take now, to reach the documents to RPO?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 8th 2009, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello wannamailabhi,

My passport was issued from Jalandhar, Punjab. But from last 9 months I am staying in BLR. So I applied for the PCC in BLR.

Let me tell u the procedure:

1. I went to RPO office BLR. I submitted form no. 2 with some documents like proof of residence etc. My rental agreement and orignal letter from company worked for me.

2. In form I mentioned currently I am staying in blr from last 9 months and before that I was staying in native place, punjab. si I submitted 2 copies of forms.

3. After 5 days I got call from local police station..paid few bucks and they cleared it. they send that file to RPO BLR.

4. after 10-15 days got call from parents, my 2nd copy of file was in the punjab native police station.

5. After few days I got my passport back.

Now I am not sure why u went to Infantary road. If u want more information, PM me..will give u my no. call me..i can help u further...

Originally Posted by wannamailabhi
Hi Aman,

Could you please tell me, did u have to go to PC office in Infantry Road and follow up, so that they send the documents to RPO?

I have already been called by the local police station, shelled out the money to the guy, but came to know they havent sent it to the PC office. I visited the PStation again today, and was told it will be sent to the PC office today.

How long would it take now, to reach the documents to RPO?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

vslamba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Hi
I have applied for PCC from RPO. As my passport and current place of residence is different. It is taking more time. Its already 28 days since DIAC asked it, it wil take one month more easily ..... I have uploaded the reciept.

Can i submit the Local Police Clearance certificate from SP office instead of PCC from Passport Office?? As i can get that in two days???

Please help i am in urgent need.

I am from India

Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:30 am
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by vslamba
Hi
I have applied for PCC from RPO. As my passport and current place of residence is different. It is taking more time. Its already 28 days since DIAC asked it, it wil take one month more easily ..... I have uploaded the reciept.

Can i submit the Local Police Clearance certificate from SP office instead of PCC from Passport Office?? As i can get that in two days???

I am from India

Thanks
DIAC won't accept PCC from the local SP office ... that is 100% sure !! They only accept/trust the PCC issued from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India, which is also mentioned in one of the form which was sent by your CO.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

water man will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Urgent! - PCC Vs Local Police Verificaton Certificate India

Originally Posted by vslamba
Hi

I am from India

Thanks
From which state of India you are?
i think southern states like Tamil Nadu & Karnataka , give the PCC's the same day
if u submit the application with passport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.