PCC from India (merged threads)

Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future
Default Re: PCC from India

Originally Posted by riteshvarma
Guys,

My permanent residence is in Hyderabad but I am in Delhi since last 1 month and will stay here for 1 year. My passport was issued from Hyderabad RPO.

Should I apply for PCC at Delhi RPO or should I apply from Hyderabad RPO. Will they do dual verification in Delhi and Hyderabad or they will just issue it based on file entry in RPO. I also wanted to know about how much time it takes.
Anyone from Delhi who can can share their timeline to get PCC?
Simple get a PCC from HYD RPO quick and hassle free
Old Feb 11th 2010, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
Simple get a PCC from HYD RPO quick and hassle free
Hassle free Hyd RPO is an oxymoron.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 11:22 am
Just Joined

itsmeatre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.. We had received our request for PCC and Meds.. We live in Singapore and are of indian national. We are at present in India on a vacation, hence is it ok if we get our PCC from here itself instead of going back and getting it done from the Indian High Commission of Singapore. Has any one done this way living abroad...Thanks!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

waitingforco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I am from Bangalore and applying for PCC tomorrow. I am applying it in RPO and my current address is same as it is the passport and the same for my spouse as well. This is just for confirmation... Docs i need to fill and carry are :

Form 2 : http://passport.gov.in/cpv/miscell.pdf
photos
Address proof.
Cash

Do i need to fill the Personal Particular Form as well? Please clarify.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

rao_manoj2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Clearance Certificate .... Help needed

Hi,

I have lived multiple states in my home country (India).

Do I need to get PCC from all those states?

Does two levels of PCC exists i.e. federal and States level PCC. Incase federal level PCC obtained then no need to get State level of PCC?

Any help would be highly appreciated
Old Apr 20th 2010, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

khdmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificate .... Help needed

Hi manoj,

You need Police certificate from place where you lived for 12 months atleast....

if you had lived in any state for more then 12 months then Yes you will need to get PCC from their as well mention the date from and to
Old Apr 20th 2010, 9:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Clearance Certificate .... Help needed

Originally Posted by rao_manoj2004
Hi,

I have lived multiple states in my home country (India).

Do I need to get PCC from all those states?

Does two levels of PCC exists i.e. federal and States level PCC. Incase federal level PCC obtained then no need to get State level of PCC?

Any help would be highly appreciated
Manoj, the PCC is issued thru the Passport Office by the Ministry of external affairs. However, if you lived in multiple addresses coming under different Police/Passport jurisdictions in the last 1 year, then you'd need to file the personal particulars form that many in number. They send in for verification to all the addresses before issuing the final PCC to you. Hence, it takes time.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

I got my PCC today. Below is the steps followed:

1) Decided to get my PCC from New Delhi passport office as my passport was issued from here.
2) Reached passport office at 9:30AM today
3) Purchased two FORM-2 (Rs10 each) at 10AM
4) Filled form (affix a photo) with required details at 10:30AM. The details to be provided is generic and you just need your passport with you.
5) Joined line at 10:30AM and submitted forms at 11:30AM.
a) FORM2
b) Original Passport
c) Rs300 (Cash)

To my surprise, person at counter told me to collect my passport and PCC at 1PM from differnt counter.

Note: Few peoples were asked to fill personnel particular forms and their passports were not deposited. They were asked to contact passport office after 30 days. Looks like if someone resided multiple places in last 1 year then process is lengthy.
6) Joined line at 1PM and got my Passport and PCC at 1:30PM.
a) Passport stamped with a PCC note
b) PCC certificate

Never thought, getting PCC would be so easy!!!
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

s_jose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I got my PCC today. Below is the steps followed:

1) Decided to get my PCC from New Delhi passport office as my passport was issued from here.
2) Reached passport office at 9:30AM today
3) Purchased two FORM-2 (Rs10 each) at 10AM
4) Filled form (affix a photo) with required details at 10:30AM. The details to be provided is generic and you just need your passport with you.
5) Joined line at 10:30AM and submitted forms at 11:30AM.
a) FORM2
b) Original Passport
c) Rs300 (Cash)

To my surprise, person at counter told me to collect my passport and PCC at 1PM from differnt counter.

Note: Few peoples were asked to fill personnel particular forms and their passports were not deposited. They were asked to contact passport office after 30 days. Looks like if someone resided multiple places in last 1 year then process is lengthy.
6) Joined line at 1PM and got my Passport and PCC at 1:30PM.
a) Passport stamped with a PCC note
b) PCC certificate

Never thought, getting PCC would be so easy!!!
Lucky lucky lucky! I applied on April 1st.. Police verification at my current residence is over last Sunday.. aftr that no news of it
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

My suggestion would be:

1) Apply for PCC from where your passport was issued.
2) Always mention your current address and permanent address same as that in your passport. In PCC, no address is mentioned hence it doesn't matter which address you mentioned in FORM2 as far as PCC is concerned. Passport office never knows where you are residing as it doesn't ask for any residence proof (Just FORM2 and original passport).

Best of luck to all of you.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

My suggestion would be:

1) Apply for PCC from where your passport was issued.
2) Always mention your current address and permanent address same as that in your passport. In PCC, no address is mentioned hence it doesn't matter which address you mentioned in FORM2 as far as PCC is concerned. Passport office never knows where you are residing as it doesn't ask for any residence proof (Just FORM2 and original passport).

Best of luck to all of you.
Thanks for the suggestion, MAnoj... i already applied at my present address since i didnt want to take a chance with it..
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

santosh_gj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by s_jose
Thanks for the suggestion, MAnoj... i already applied at my present address since i didnt want to take a chance with it..
Hi S_Jose,

I have to apply once again for Indian PCC as my old pcc is expiring soon. My CO has asked for it. Earlier I had gone to passport office in Bangalore and applied for it. My passport and current address is same.

But now I was checking for process for PCC from passport website, I found that it is little bit changed. They have mentioned that we have to apply for PCC from Passport Seva Kendra (PSK/Mini PSK) office. We can submit online application or e-form for PCC and then take an appointment in PSK office and submit original passport for PCC.
The documents mentioned are:
1. Original passport
2. Photocopies of self attested passport 1st, 2nd, ECR page, last 2 pages
3. Fees - 300 Rs.
4. Photos

Has anybody got PCC through this PSK/Mini PSK in the recent past? If so, can anyone please throw some light into this?

Thanks for your reply in advance.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

khotkunal is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: PCC from India

I had earlier applied through agent so got it in 4 days.
Currently my old PCC is expiring and again I have applied for PCC just 2 days before.
If I have a earlier PCC and it has not expired then do they give the new PCC early as they have already done the verification?
Any light on this if anybody has been in similar sisuation?
Thanks in advance..
KK...
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by santosh_gj
Hi S_Jose,

I have to apply once again for Indian PCC as my old pcc is expiring soon. My CO has asked for it. Earlier I had gone to passport office in Bangalore and applied for it. My passport and current address is same.

But now I was checking for process for PCC from passport website, I found that it is little bit changed. They have mentioned that we have to apply for PCC from Passport Seva Kendra (PSK/Mini PSK) office. We can submit online application or e-form for PCC and then take an appointment in PSK office and submit original passport for PCC.
The documents mentioned are:
1. Original passport
2. Photocopies of self attested passport 1st, 2nd, ECR page, last 2 pages
3. Fees - 300 Rs.
4. Photos

Has anybody got PCC through this PSK/Mini PSK in the recent past? If so, can anyone please throw some light into this?

Thanks for your reply in advance.
SAntosh,

Happy to see that B'lore RPO has reformed the entire process..

When i applied, i submitted in the B'lore RPO in person..
So i do not have any idea bout the new process..

Could u post ur timelines as well..

Thanks in advance...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.