PCC 12 Months stay abroad questions

Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

riteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to allriteshvarma is a name known to all
Default PCC 12 Months stay abroad questions

Hi,

I recently applied for GSM 175 visa and was preparing a list of things to do since my case is complex having lived in 3 different countries with more than 8 residential addresses in the last 10 years. I had a question regarding the DIAC rule about 12 month stay in a country requiring PCC from that country.

I was visiting Malaysia multiple times in 2006-2007 with a total stay of 326 days.
Since 326 days is less than one calender year, I am assuming that DIAC should not ask me for PCC from this country however I want to be sure because I started visiting in April 2006 and came back the last time in May 2007 which is more than 12 months.

In short, the 12 month stay period, is it taken as a continuous period or cumulative stay?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 12:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PCC 12 Months stay abroad questions

While it's not 365 days, it is pretty close. Just because it's better to provide too much information than not enough I would get a police clearance from Malaysia.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

DRSAS will become famous soon enoughDRSAS will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: PCC 12 Months stay abroad questions

Originally Posted by Dorothy
While it's not 365 days, it is pretty close. Just because it's better to provide too much information than not enough I would get a police clearance from Malaysia.
Hi Dorothy,

I have a similar situation, in which I have moved around to resedential addresses R1 (4 year) , R2 ( 1 year) and R3 ( 1 year) in city1 and then moved to R4 in city2 (where I am now for last 21 months). All these are in one country (HR). For which address would I be asked by DIAC to produce the PCC?

Thanks!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

You're normally not getting a PCC for a specific address, but for yourself (one for each country). So in your case you should get one PCC, and normally you state your last residential address when applying for PCC.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by riteshvarma
Hi,

I recently applied for GSM 175 visa and was preparing a list of things to do since my case is complex having lived in 3 different countries with more than 8 residential addresses in the last 10 years. I had a question regarding the DIAC rule about 12 month stay in a country requiring PCC from that country.

I was visiting Malaysia multiple times in 2006-2007 with a total stay of 326 days.
Since 326 days is less than one calender year, I am assuming that DIAC should not ask me for PCC from this country however I want to be sure because I started visiting in April 2006 and came back the last time in May 2007 which is more than 12 months.

In short, the 12 month stay period, is it taken as a continuous period or cumulative stay?
Its not exceed 365 days then you dont need to worry about PCC.

Even if CO ask for PCC (Sometime they might ask PCC wrongly - Example in my case they asked PCC for my wife from Nigeria assuming that we are living together before marriage ) but I send the scanned copies of passport all pages stating that she never travelled to Nigeria. Its ok

So if CO ask for it you can explain showing the proof that you stay not exceed 365 days
Old Jan 7th 2010, 8:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DRSAS
Hi Dorothy,

I have a similar situation, in which I have moved around to resedential addresses R1 (4 year) , R2 ( 1 year) and R3 ( 1 year) in city1 and then moved to R4 in city2 (where I am now for last 21 months). All these are in one country (HR). For which address would I be asked by DIAC to produce the PCC?

Thanks!
Answered here. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647731