long of a time on average does a company keep records of employee
payslips?

Mark

Old Apr 17th 2003, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Payslips

Mark,

in my country payslips aren't any official documents, just a list of actual month salary, insurance contributions, tax deducted etc, but not signed/stamped by company and not required by law - it is just information for employee.

I submitted my bank statement in English stamped and signed by bank manager. It was a list of transactions of past 2 months, where my salary is paid and company name is shown. ASPC didn't ask for more.

Peter
Old Apr 17th 2003, 10:44 am
Siobhan Hanrahan

I did not submit any payslips with my application just detailed references
from my employers.

Siobhan

"mark" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Is it a must to submit the payslips with your application? If so, how
    > long of a time on average does a company keep records of employee
    > payslips?
    > Mark

Old Apr 17th 2003, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

engin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant futureengin77 has a brilliant future

Yes, I agree. Payslips are not really required as essential parts of application, more so if you are simply aiming to meet the basic requirement of one year job experience. However, if you are claiming points for specific work experience, submitting payslips could be a good idea. Not doing so should not make you worry if the reference letters are in the exact format specified in Booklet 1119.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

AussieVGopal is an unknown quantity at this point

Submitting payslips with application would be ok, but not required. But by submitting payslips implies your employment reference documents.
HTH
VG
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:32 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by AussieVGopal
Submitting payslips with application would be ok, but not required. But by submitting payslips implies your employment reference documents.
HTH
VG
I did not submit payslips with my application as my husband does not get them. Instead I submitted bank statements showing regular cash paid into our account.

Mel
Old Apr 17th 2003, 6:10 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by engin77
Yes, I agree. Payslips are not really required as essential parts of application, more so if you are simply aiming to meet the basic requirement of one year job experience. However, if you are claiming points for specific work experience, submitting payslips could be a good idea. Not doing so should not make you worry if the reference letters are in the exact format specified in Booklet 1119.
The recent work experience criterion of the basic requirements dictates that the work be:
1. paid (i.e. salaried), and
2. skilled, and
3. full time (20 hours per week or more)

The 1st point requires proof that the job attracts a salary.
The 2nd point requires that the job attracts a salary befitting of a skilled worker ($2 an hour won't cut it).

Whether it's for specific work experience (which the three points above do apply as well) or for recent work experience, a payslip is proof to one's salary, and therefore satisfies point 1.

If your salary level is not stated anywhere in your reference letter(s), payslips are your best bet.

Peter
Old Apr 17th 2003, 6:12 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mika24me
I did not submit payslips with my application as my husband does not get them. Instead I submitted bank statements showing regular cash paid into our account.

Mel
I pay my mother a monthly allowance, and that's reflected on her monthly bank statement. That doesn't mean she draws a salary from me though.

Food for thought...

Peter
Old Apr 21st 2003, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Beaven is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in august 2002 but didn't submit the Payslips.though, Its is well mentioned in all my Company letter heads about my job appointment, dates and salary as well.

Do i have to send the Payslips now? but remember that I applied in august 2000 and have never been asked for Payslips.

Please help & Advice

Beaven

Last edited by Beaven; Apr 21st 2003 at 5:53 am.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

saturn is an unknown quantity at this point

I sumbitted my application minus pay slips nearly a month ago. The reference letters from my previous employers do not mention my salary either. Could I be in serious trouble?

I got ASPC aknowledgment though email two weeks ago and they have assigned me a file reference. Will it be wise to send the pay slips now or should I wait until they ask for it?
Old Apr 21st 2003, 1:32 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Originally posted by saturn
I sumbitted my application minus pay slips nearly a month ago. The reference letters from my previous employers do not mention my salary either. Could I be in serious trouble?

I got ASPC aknowledgment though email two weeks ago and they have assigned me a file reference. Will it be wise to send the pay slips now or should I wait until they ask for it?
If your salary isn't mentioned anywhere in any of your reference letters, I think it'd be wise for you to try to get some form of proof of salary to ASPC.

Good luck.

Peter
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:30 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by ptlabs
I pay my mother a monthly allowance, and that's reflected on her monthly bank statement. That doesn't mean she draws a salary from me though.

Food for thought...

Peter
True

but my husband's reference stated that my husband is paid bu cheque. It also stated the approx. amount. The bank statements were really just to back up the reference.

Mel