Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Passports returning from AHC? Or missing!(erk!)

Wikiposts

Passports returning from AHC? Or missing!(erk!)

Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passports returning from AHC? Or missing!(erk!)

Two weeks ago we sent off our passports to AHC London to get the offical visa added in. We haven't got anything back yet! Lots of the people who sent theirs off the same time have theirs back... When should we REALLY start to worry?
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:27 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Passports returning from AHC? Or missing!(erk!)

Hi Jasper,

That does sound a long time compared to others lately, did you send it recorded delivery? Maybe you should contact AHC and Royal Mail even if its just for peace of mind!

Good Luck
Old Apr 19th 2004, 8:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by jasper pentop
Two weeks ago we sent off our passports to AHC London to get the offical visa added in. We haven't got anything back yet! Lots of the people who sent theirs off the same time have theirs back... When should we REALLY start to worry?

I'd contact them - I read a post earlier today about people who sent theirs on a Wednesday and had it back by Saturday morning.

Good luck - I'm sure its fine, but I can imagine it'd be nicer to know
Old Apr 19th 2004, 9:36 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

did u remeber to put an addressed envelope in for there return?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:38 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Just bumping this up, wondering how you got on with finding your passport and more importantly visas!!?
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <sigh> still nothing. We have e-mailed our case officer. We left it for today incase she had posted it on Monday, but still nothing arrived! Will see if she minded us e-mailing her, let alone asking about how her work was going!
Thank you for your concern (we have already started to plan what we need to do incase they passport has been lost! *gulp*)
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:41 am
Paddington Brisbane

Fingers crossed you'll hear back from the case officer tomorrow then!! Will watch out for your post!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:03 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <sigh> still nothing. We have e-mailed our case officer. We left it for today incase she had posted it on Monday, but still nothing arrived! Will see if she minded us e-mailing her, let alone asking about how her work was going!
Thank you for your concern (we have already started to plan what we need to do incase they passport has been lost! *gulp*)

Let us know how you go - these things are stressful enough without an extra hassle right at the end!!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll here is the reply email we got:
I will be out of the office starting 17/04/2004 and will not return until
04/05/2004.

I will be out of the office from Monday 19 April 2004 until Tuesday 4th
May. If you require assistance urgently please fax your request to 0207
887 5864. Please remember that we discourage contact with us that is not
urgent. This assists us in processing your applications quickly. If you
can wait for my return please email me again after the 4th May. For your
information members of our team will be taking care of your application
during my absence. Thank you for your consideration.

SO she is gone! WHo knows where the passports are... we discourgage contact with us... pft!
Will try to fax I think..... bugger, i thought everything was going right for once, now i know!
Old Apr 21st 2004, 3:52 am
Paddington Brisbane

Could be that your case officer didn't do it and now its sitting in someone elses 'to do' pile!!

Definitly keep on at them, could you not phone them and tell them a small white lie, like you're flying out next week or something!!?

Good Luck