passports

Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

fairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to all
Default passports

hi
do we need passports for the meds as i am in the process of renewing them and need to send them of.
thanks
nat
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of
Default Re: passports

Originally Posted by fairystar
hi
do we need passports for the meds as i am in the process of renewing them and need to send them of.
thanks
nat
If i remember rightly you do take them with you. The GP who does the medical is not your own GP obviously so doesn't know who you are - so you need the passport as proof of identity before he does the medicals.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

fairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to allfairystar is a name known to all

oh no need to send them!!!!!!!!!!!!damn
thanks
natx
Old Dec 1st 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

oh no need to send them!!!!!!!!!!!!damn
thanks
natx
are your medicals booked already ? passports normally take no longer than 3 weeks to get back - cant you re-book your meds?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

how long do they request medicals after application?
we have sent application to brisbane last night as they are dealing with the companys application.
we may have time if its at least a few weeks.
natx
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

how long do they request medicals after application?
we have sent application to brisbane last night as they are dealing with the companys application.
we may have time if its at least a few weeks.
natx
It all depends really on the kind of visa you're applying for and how busy they are....in our case - our application went in September 06 and we had our medicals done March 07, and our visa's were granted approx 4 weeks after the date of our meds. I think we were allocated a case officer around January time....so it was a few weeks after that the request for meds/police checks came in - and then we had until June to get the meds completed... You should have plenty of time to get your passports sorted out if your application has only just gone in.
Good luck with everything!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

thanks
its a temp visa with a big company leading to sponsership for permanent after 2 yrs and the emigraton company have said 8 weeks they want us over by march 1st!
natx
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks
its a temp visa with a big company leading to sponsership for permanent after 2 yrs and the emigraton company have said 8 weeks they want us over by march 1st!
natx

Crikey, things will move quickly for you guys then!
I guess one of your options is to pay a little more for your passports to be done quicker (you could get your new passport done in person at the passport office) - it costs about another £40 i think on top of the normal £72 per adult passport. Have a look on the passport website. I know you have to allow up to 3 weeks for normal passport renewals, a bit less (2 weeks i think) if you pay for the post-office fasttrack your forms to them....

Hope you manage to get it sorted....I'm sure you wont have a problem!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

passport office have just told me turn around is 2 weeks at the moment so will have to take the chance and send them in the morning im sure it will be a few weeks before they ask for them?
natx