Wikiposts

Passport Validity??

Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:31 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future
Question Passport Validity??

We are in the final stages of our visa application; meds have been sent and police checks requested. However my passport expires May 2009 and was wondering if this will impact our application in any way?

We are not intending to move to OZ till the end of 2008 but may head over to validate this summer. Can my passport be renewed quite easily either in the UK or OZ?

Help would be great on this one

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

ameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really niceameya is just really nice
Default Re: Passport Validity??

Originally Posted by Didigriff
We are in the final stages of our visa application; meds have been sent and police checks requested. However my passport expires May 2009 and was wondering if this will impact our application in any way?

We are not intending to move to OZ till the end of 2008 but may head over to validate this summer. Can my passport be renewed quite easily either in the UK or OZ?

Help would be great on this one

Thanks in advance
Even though it may not impact the outcome of the application, you must renew your passport and inform DIAC asap about it.

Goodluck
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:42 pm
Starting the long wait...

Didigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant futureDidigriff has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ameya
Even though it may not impact the outcome of the application, you must renew your passport and inform DIAC asap about it.

Goodluck

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't 'have' to renew it immediately. If you are planning on moving over before it expires you can always do it here although it may be easier and cheaper to do it in the UK. It's also quite straightforward to have the visa put in the new passport. If you try and get a new passport too far in advance of it expiring, you may have questions asked as to why you're doing it so early. If you apply for a new one, they will add up to 9 months to it, left over from the old one but no more than that.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You don't 'have' to renew it immediately. If you are planning on moving over before it expires you can always do it here although it may be easier and cheaper to do it in the UK. It's also quite straightforward to have the visa put in the new passport. If you try and get a new passport too far in advance of it expiring, you may have questions asked as to why you're doing it so early. If you apply for a new one, they will add up to 9 months to it, left over from the old one but no more than that.
What do you have to do to get the visa transferred / put in new passport? Mine expires end of the year and im off in a week to validate the visa in that passport, i need to apply for a new passport when we get back so how do i get the visa added, i thought you had to carry your old one with your new one?

cheers

Robert
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
What do you have to do to get the visa transferred / put in new passport? Mine expires end of the year and im off in a week to validate the visa in that passport, i need to apply for a new passport when we get back so how do i get the visa added, i thought you had to carry your old one with your new one?

cheers

Robert
Carry old and new as visa will still be valid in the cancelled/expired passport. AHC in London are not interested in re-printing new visa for new passport but yo ucan get it done at any DIAC office in Australia if you prefer not to carry two passports.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:40 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Carry old and new as visa will still be valid in the cancelled/expired passport. AHC in London are not interested in re-printing new visa for new passport but yo ucan get it done at any DIAC office in Australia if you prefer not to carry two passports.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
All true but AHC WILL reprint visa stickers if you ask them nicely, its free as well. It is 25% cheaper to get a UK passport reissued in the UK.