Wikiposts

Passport Stickers and Verification?

Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:55 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport Stickers and Verification?

Hi.
Bit confusing and not straight forward this one !!
We were lucky enough for our PR visas to be granted last year...the only thing was....they were granted on the friday as we flew out for our recce on the monday following!
Hence we didnt have time to send them off to have the stickers put in etc.
Our agents told us to just take a copy of the e-mail confirmation with us and it would be fine as everything is on computer anyway.
As we entered Sydney i was !!*&*ing myself thinking they would turn us around and send us back to the UK.
But in true Aussie style...no worries mate...the lovely guy on the visa arrivals desk put our stickers in for us there and then.
Now i have never spoken to anyone else who this has happened to so now im getting a little twitched.You see , it says on the sticker that initial entry has to be before 15th Feb 2008 ,that it was granted on 30th March 07 and our passports are stamped with the Sydney stamp on the 5th April 2007 when we first entered Australia.
Do you think this is ok ?
We dont plan to be back in Australia until May 2008 you see (to stay ) but now im panicking that if we go later than 15th Feb our validation will be too late.
When we entered on 5th April 2007 would that be classed as our validation entry?
Told you it was confusing......
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Stickers and Verification?

It seems to me it was granted on 30 March 2007 and validated on 5 April 2007. I don't think when and where the sticker was put in your passport has any bearing on anything; as long as you turn up at Oz immigration between 30 March 2007 and 15 February 2008 (which you already have), everything will be/is fine.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi.
Bit confusing and not straight forward this one !!
We were lucky enough for our PR visas to be granted last year...the only thing was....they were granted on the friday as we flew out for our recce on the monday following!
Hence we didnt have time to send them off to have the stickers put in etc.
Our agents told us to just take a copy of the e-mail confirmation with us and it would be fine as everything is on computer anyway.
As we entered Sydney i was !!*&*ing myself thinking they would turn us around and send us back to the UK.
But in true Aussie style...no worries mate...the lovely guy on the visa arrivals desk put our stickers in for us there and then.
Now i have never spoken to anyone else who this has happened to so now im getting a little twitched.You see , it says on the sticker that initial entry has to be before 15th Feb 2008 ,that it was granted on 30th March 07 and our passports are stamped with the Sydney stamp on the 5th April 2007 when we first entered Australia.
Do you think this is ok ?
We dont plan to be back in Australia until May 2008 you see (to stay ) but now im panicking that if we go later than 15th Feb our validation will be too late.
When we entered on 5th April 2007 would that be classed as our validation entry?
Told you it was confusing......
Your initial (or validation) entry is the first entry to Australia on that visa - in your case 5/4/2007.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:19 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi .
Thanks to you both for your replies.
I thought this would be ok but just wanted to check...didnt want to leave it til May to then be told we are too late.All that work for nothing - i couldnt bear it!
Thanks again.
Janice