Wikiposts

Passport situation

Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport situation

If you have UK and AU passports can you..

Let the AU one expire and use the UK one to re-enter Australia. Or is that going to require you getting a vistiors stamp even though you are a AU citizen.

I am just trying to be cheap really, sick of paying to keep up multiple passports for us all.

I am guessing the AU immigration people would not accept this? and want me flying the AU flag on entry.

Trips to UK, USA and NZ, anyone see any other probs with my plan.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport situation

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Let the AU one expire and use the UK one to re-enter Australia. Or is that going to require you getting a vistiors stamp even though you are a AU citizen.

I am just trying to be cheap really, sick of paying to keep up multiple passports for us all.

I am guessing the AU immigration people would not accept this? and want me flying the AU flag on entry.

You will need an Aussie passport to re-enter Australia - anything else will be a big hassle

Just maintain an Australian passport if cost is an issue. You can enter the UK with no problems and get the 90-day visa waiver in the US. NZ is easy peasy
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You will need an Aussie passport to re-enter Australia - anything else will be a big hassle

Just maintain an Australian passport if cost is an issue. You can enter the UK with no problems and get the 90-day visa waiver in the US. NZ is easy peasy
I like to keep the EU passport, makes life much easier over there , and fast trak into USA ( yep another fee. )

Cost is more of a resentment than an issue, 250 ish 4th time this year!

With another one to expire early 2015.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 2:59 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I like to keep the EU passport, makes life much easier over there , and fast trak into USA ( yep another fee. )

Cost is more of a resentment than an issue, 250 ish 4th time this year!

With another one to expire early 2015.
Then you wil have to get both passports

A fact of life for a dual-citizen
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

It is much easier for a British Citizen to enter Britain on an Australian passport than it is for an Australian to enter Australia on a British passport. This is sometimes made out to be illegal, I'm not sure it is but you would definitely have to carry your Australian citizenship certificate and be delayed at Australian immigration while checks were made by a senior officer (I know, I've done it).

The other danger is that if you were flying from another country to Australia, you might not be allowed to get on the plane as you would not be able to offer any valid evidence of a right to live in Australia, ie no visa and no passport.

BB
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

How do you leave Australia without hassle on a British Passport when you have no visa associated with it?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You can't hold a visa to enter Aus (nt even an evisitor) once you are an Australian citizen. They won't even let you board the flight.
So you will have to keep the Aus passport going, sorry
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you only want to keep one passport, you need to keep the Australian one.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can't hold a visa to enter Aus (nt even an evisitor) once you are an Australian citizen. They won't even let you board the flight.

(
I could use this information to my advantage you know
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So you will have to keep the Aus passport going, sorry
How do you get of Oz in the first place if the Oz passport has expired? Use British. Ok but would the immigration dude pick the no visa thing as you exit?
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
How do you get of Oz in the first place if the Oz passport has expired? Use British. Ok but would the immigration dude pick the no visa thing as you exit?
What?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 6:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Yes, and you are likely to be held at the border until your status can be confirmed so you'll probably miss your flight.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, and you are likely to be held at the border until your status can be confirmed so you'll probably miss your flight.
What? I exited on my Canadian passport last time (June) and had no problem at the border at all.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:22 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What? I exited on my Canadian passport last time (June) and had no problem at the border at all.
Did you enter on your Australian or Canadian passport?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you enter on your Australian or Canadian passport?
When I came back I entered on my Australian one. However, Beoz's question was about exiting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.