Wikiposts

passport entry issues

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Default passport entry issues

Hi all

We are travelling out to England later this year and would like to know if anyone has any advice for us. We have got dual citizenship but only british passports, we need to know if its possible to go out and come back in on our british passports. All our passports have a permanent visa in then and Im not sure if this expires once you become citizens. We only recently became citizens and it would cost us around 800 dollars to get new aussie passports. The people at immigration said I would get a lot of hassle coming back into the country. Has anyone had this problem
Thanks all
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:16 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport entry issues

I believe proving your citizenship is the issue, the passport will do that, but I believe you should be OK taking your citizenship certificates.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Australian citizens are expected to enter and leave Australia using Australian passports.

Any visa previously held by a naturalised Australian citizen is legally null and void.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi all

We are travelling out to England later this year and would like to know if anyone has any advice for us. We have got dual citizenship but only british passports, we need to know if its possible to go out and come back in on our british passports. All our passports have a permanent visa in then and Im not sure if this expires once you become citizens. We only recently became citizens and it would cost us around 800 dollars to get new aussie passports. The people at immigration said I would get a lot of hassle coming back into the country. Has anyone had this problem
Thanks all
It is possible to travel with only the citizenship certificate and UK passports, a couple of BE members have done this recently because they simply didn't have time to get passports after gaining citizenship and before travelling.
Howvere, its certainly not recommended and you can expect delays both ends while they verify your right to enter Australia because - as JAJ says - your visas have been cancelled.
If you have time at all, you need to get Aussie passports.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough

Hi and thanks to everyone who has replied. I was wondering if i need to get all of us an aussie passport ? we have four children under 13 and all citizens.
Thanks again
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi and thanks to everyone who has replied. I was wondering if i need to get all of us an aussie passport ? we have four children under 13 and all citizens.
Thanks again
Yes, you do need to.