Wikiposts

partner visa questions?

Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough
Default partner visa questions?

your expertise please guys!!!............
I am about to embark on a Spouse/Partner Visa app.
I am a OZ citizen by descent / UK dual citizenship.
hubby will be the main applicant for partner visa.
been to together 15yrs, married almost 2.
we have three children, 2 from my previous relationship, youngest is my hubbys.
So help needed please
1. what forms do I need to fill out?
2. i never married previous partner, so what would he be classed as?
3. Do i fill separate form for the kids?
4. how do I sponser all of them when i`m a student?
Any advice
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: partner visa questions?

Here is a good place to start

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

Download the booklet and get the general info.

Older kids if born in UK likely to need nothing from their father other than a stat dec from you stating that you were never married to him and that, to the best of yoru knowledge, he has never applied for Parental Responsibility.

Also, are the elder two under 18 or over and still financially dependent on you both? If dependent, they can be included in your husband's application for the one visa charge.

you can sponsor as a student - they could ask for an assurance of support from somebody in Australai if they think yo uare going to struggle - but if yo uhave assets and/or hubby has good employment prospects, then they probably wont need assurance.

I'm a bit rusty on the Citizenship but if you were registered as an Australian Citizen at time of birth of any of your children and yo uhave lived in Australia at some time for periods totalling 2 years, then that child may be eligible for Australian Citizenship by descent.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Mar 26th 2007, 2:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
your expertise please guys!!!............
I am about to embark on a Spouse/Partner Visa app.
I am a OZ citizen by descent / UK dual citizenship.
Not very long ago you were asking about Australian citizenship by descent. Have you received your certificate confirming your registration as a citizen by descent?

If not, you are not currently an Australian citizen. You can't think about spouse migration until you have obtained this.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

thats right , i just recieved all the docouments i needed to claim citizenship by descent so, i am waiting for them to get back to me, but in the meantime i have started to look into the partner visa.
i just wasnt too sure about the forms i needed to fill in.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

hi pomgrrl - suggest you come over to our thread entitled "spouse visa circle" in the Barbie. There may be one of us who can answer some of your questions - we are all either UK born married to Aussies or Aussies married to British! And all either embarking on or already got spouse visas!