Partner visa - progress

Old Jan 2nd 2020, 7:08 am
Just Joined

mpjdodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Partner visa - progress

Hi folks,

It's been 7 months since I submitted my Partner Visa application (309/100) off-shore. It's been total silence in terms of communication, so I'm assuming I'm still sat in the the queue waiting to be picked up by a case worker.
So a couple of question to the group:

1) Has anybody had any recent experience of this application process? Should I expect some contact out of the blue around the 7-20 months processing time they are quoting or have people been getting anything sooner?
2) I've read about people going out on a tourist visa and then applying for a partner visa on-shore. Does anyone know if it's possible to switch an off shore application to an on-shore one?

Old Jan 2nd 2020, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner visa - progress

Originally Posted by mpjdodge View Post
Hi folks,

It's been 7 months since I submitted my Partner Visa application (309/100) off-shore. It's been total silence in terms of communication, so I'm assuming I'm still sat in the the queue waiting to be picked up by a case worker.
So a couple of question to the group:

1) Has anybody had any recent experience of this application process? Should I expect some contact out of the blue around the 7-20 months processing time they are quoting or have people been getting anything sooner?
2) I've read about people going out on a tourist visa and then applying for a partner visa on-shore. Does anyone know if it's possible to switch an off shore application to an on-shore one?
1. Yes - basically that's how it works. If your application is fully decision ready the first you hear may be the grant.
2. No you can't. You would have to make a new onshore application and pay the fee again.
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 7:44 am
Just Joined

mpjdodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. That's what I suspected.

I'm confident my application isn't fully decision ready as I spoke to the helpline and they suggested I don't submit the ACRO check and the Health Check until asked to by case worker. So I guess that will be my next contact.
They also mentioned that I can travel back and forth to Australia on a tourist visa but just have to be off-shore when my real visa is granted.
So it's credible to travel out on a tourist visa and then leave the country for the granting of a 309/100 visa.

Has anyone done this?
Old Jan 3rd 2020, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Paul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond reputePaul Hand has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpjdodge View Post
Thanks. That's what I suspected.

I'm confident my application isn't fully decision ready as I spoke to the helpline and they suggested I don't submit the ACRO check and the Health Check until asked to by case worker. So I guess that will be my next contact.
They also mentioned that I can travel back and forth to Australia on a tourist visa but just have to be off-shore when my real visa is granted.
So it's credible to travel out on a tourist visa and then leave the country for the granting of a 309/100 visa.

Has anyone done this?
Yes - you can do this. Obviously you can't work on a visitor visa, so you would need to be able to demonstrate sufficient funds, if asked.