Partner Visa: how long realistically?

Old Aug 5th 2017, 12:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Partner Visa: how long realistically?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Its not bridging to a Spouse Vis 820/801 though That is why she doesn't have work rights.

As I have said throughout the thread, which is about Spouse/Partner Visas, if you are on a BVA, bridging to an 820/801, then you get full working rights. this only happens automatically with the Spouse Visa 820/801.

A 461 is not a Spouse or Partner Visa. Its a Special Category Visa for the family of NZ citizens, a totally different class. For full work rights on that you will need to aly to DIBP.
Old Aug 5th 2017, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm ok you have me on technicality I guess, but it is being applied in a spousal way here and to say that a BVA across the board gives work rights is not correct, but yes I accept that it is not like for like.

I will take myself off to the naughty step to think about what I have done
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Hmmm ok you have me on technicality I guess, but it is being applied in a spousal way here and to say that a BVA across the board gives work rights is not correct, but yes I accept that it is not like for like.

I will take myself off to the naughty step to think about what I have done
Its not a technicality. Its a totally different visa class with totally different rules.
Applying for a 461 is not a application for a PR visa, for starters, whereas applying for a 820/801 is a PR application.

I note your initial enquiry on the thread was about partner visas taking a long time - again the 461 is not a partner visa, therefore the timeline for partner/spouse visas is totally irrelevant to your visa.

Not trying to be difficult, but in the world of immigration those differences are huge, and one of my reasons for wanting to be clear about the difference is for people that read the page in future. Work rights on a BVA when applying for a Spouse Visa gets asked about a fair bit, and the details can't afford to be confused with work rights on BVAs for other visas.

Good luck with the 461
Old Aug 6th 2017, 5:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Is anyone getting work rights added to bridging visas if they are taking that long?
https://www.border.gov.au/about/acce...ocessing-times

461 timeline is currently quoted as 75% processed within 9 months, 90% processed within 12 months.

The 820, first part of the onshore Spouse Visa, which is what the thread (and BiPs comment above) are based on is 75% in 18 months, 90% in 24 months. Very different.