Partner Visa (309 &100) Processing Times

Old Nov 3rd 2021, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Sparkymcilwain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Visa (309 &100) Processing Times

Originally Posted by Scoosh
Hi All

Just thought I would let people who are potentially considering applying for the partner visa (applying from overseas) know that I recently had my application processed successfully in only 2 months time compared to the potential 22 months that is advised on the website.

I took the time beforehand to gather as much evidence as I could and I tried to provide at least one piece for every topic that they ask for. I was also applying for myself only and not bringing any additional family which may have sped things up.

For those that aren't aware, once the visa is granted, you have a year to turn up in Oz and start it officially. This is dated a year from when the application is completed, so if you are planning to save as much money as possible before you go, then keep in mind that the visa might be approved earlier than you expect (which will shorten the time you have before you head over).

All in all, the process so far has been fairly positive and I was impressed with how quickly things were progressed with all thats going on in the world. If anyone has any questions about this visa in particular then let me know and I will answer what I can.

Cheers

Me and my partner sent ours off on the 29th august and added all police checks in once we got through the main submitting section, was told to do my medical the next day, we was asked for 3 bits of information on the 5th October, we submitted those forms and went from initial assessment to further assessment the next day.

We are trying to see whether anyone has had this aswell and just wondering how long it took to go from further assessment to granted for you? Thanks