partner migration questions

Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:11 am
J&K
Forum Regular

J&K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default partner migration questions

Hi everybody,

I've applied for partner migration (spouse - de facto) to Australia through the embassy in The Hague. I personally handed in my application together with my partner. There was no line whatsoever and it was a matter of in and out the door in 3 minutes. I was given my file number/acknowledgement straightaway. We couldn't make an appointment (for an interview) at all, they just don't do this, never have done either. Called in advance and they said basically: just show up on the day.

Since lodging I haven't heard anything at all, finding it quite frustrating, because my partner had to return to Aus for work commitments, so just here by myself waiting for a decision.

I've got a few questions and maybe someone could answer them:

1. I haven't heard anything at all (no request for medicals etc - I front end loaded), no request for further info and no invitation to attend an interview: is this a good sign that everything is in order to grant the visa?

2. Do de facto spouse visas take longer to assess than regular spouse visas or prospective marriage visas?

3. What percentage of partner/spouse visas actually gets refused: few cases or many?

4. And why is there a big difference in processing times between for example The Hague or Berlin and London? I haven't heard anything at all for a month, while it's obvious on this forum that many applications lodged in London are getting finalized in 3 days to 3 weeks and this while London gets heaps more applications in and has a line up every morning, there's no lines in The Hague!!

Anyway, hope to hear from you, this waiting is starting to get to me :-(!

J&K
Old Aug 26th 2003, 8:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting waiting

One long running theme of this forum is waiting for any kind of response from DIMIA. Don't read anything into it as out of the blue a sign of life will appear.

Does the Hague embassy web site have any average processing times posted.

How long have you been waiting as it took over 3 months for my application to be approved in London.

Best of luck
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,
Spouse-De facto visas can be different from Spousal visas Some of the additional requirements include the amount of time you have been actually living together ; others require that you intend and have actually made an appointment with a Marrige Celebrant Provided all these are in order I would imagine it may be possible to hear something back in around 12 - 15 weeks It may depend on the average processing time in The Hague Sometimes NO News is good news It means that you have provided them with all the correct details I would verify that in about a months time if you still havent heard by way of a phone call You have to be carefull about how you approach that one All in all I would say that De facto visas will take longer to process because DIMA wants to be very certain that a relationship is genuine and is going to be long lasting Keep us posted with your progress Regards Gerard