Partner migration to Australia

Old Sep 18th 2003, 11:54 am
Just Joined

OzFriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Partner migration to Australia

Hello! I'm an Aussie who has just gone through the partner migration process with my fiance, who is from South Africa. I know this site is for Brits, but I thought I may be able to offer some good news to anyone else in our situation.
We applied for the Prospective Marriage (Fiance) visa. There has been a lot of talk about waiting times. Some people this year received a visa on the spot on the same day because of front-end loading. This is being phased out and so many people are worried that waiting times are now really long. They are not, so long as you still front-end load your application. In other words, include health checks, police clearance certificates and everything else that they have requested, as set out in the booklet. We submitted our application on a Thursday and picked up our passports the following Thursday. They contacted us by telephone on Wednesday evening to ask a few questions and then said he was successful and we could pick up our passports the next morning (we did not want our passports to be posted and so requested them to be left at the High Commission to be collected). It has been a huge weight off our shoulders and we are absolutely thrilled!
For anyone else in the same boat, hang in there, and I hope everything works out for you too!
Good luck!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi /
Well done to both of you . We know exactly whatit is like to have the weight off your shoulders Two years ago we put our application in through the Pretoria office Our application was front loaded and we only waited for about 12 weeks .
Where abouts in Ausrtalia are you going to ? Regards Gerard
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:17 am
Just Joined

OzFriend is an unknown quantity at this point

We submitted the application at the London office, which is really fast with processing times - 12 weeks sounds agonising!
One week was horrible enough for us!
We will be moving to Queensland (where I'm from) but still not sure where exactly because we have to find jobs first.